3rd Trimester

Sinus infections or any other nasty illnesses?

So, I'm getting induced on Wednesday and found out this morning that I have a sinus infection.  I've never had one before and this is terrible.  Beyond my face and sinuses hurting....my teeth also do.  I was put on a antiobiotic for treatment and hoping something starts kicking in soon.  Does anyone have any remedies for this or have any experience on Neti Pots?  I just can't imagine having a baby and all this sinus pressure too.  Sorry to sound like a whiner....but more painful than I ever thought.

Re: Sinus infections or any other nasty illnesses?

• My ENT told me to get the sinus rinse that is made by the same company as the Netti Pot. He said the stream is better and you don' thave to contort yourself in front of the sink. I've been using it since I keep having sinus infections this winter and it really has helped. He told me to use it as many times a day as I can handle. This may dry out your nose (but really will get rid of that pressure!) so you'll want to either put a tiny bit of vasoline around the inside of your nostril (just barely in though) or get the aloe gel and put that in. I've used both and they work the same. Do this at night to prevent any drying otherwise you'll get nose bleeds. Along with a humdifier and the anti-biotics that's about all you can do. I did use Nasonex for a few days when things were really bad. It's class C but I only used it for  few days so my Dr felt comfortable with that. You could ask about that since you wont be on it for long.

Goodluck with the induction!!!!

EDIT:  The Sinus Rinse is called  "NelliMed Sinus Rinse"

• i was dying in pain from a sinus infection last week.  the best thing that happened was that it finally rained!! obviously not something you can control but it finally gave me some relief.  i used the netti pot like it was my job--seriously, every 2 hours and i probably dried out my nose but that was a minor discomfort when my teeth felt like they were going to fall out!  i also used tylenol every 4 hours which helped for once.  good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • I am right there with ya!  I am not getting enduced anytime soon, but am pretty miserable with the sinus stuff.  I have not tried a Neti Pot, but have heard good things from them.  This is the first time I've ever had anything like this with my teeth hurting.  They are killing me!  I've just taken some tylenol and antibiotics.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am just getting over a horrible cold and thanks to PIH I can't take anything like a decongestant.  I have been using the Neti Pot and it really helped.  So did having the vaporizer.  I also use saline nose spray which really helps the dryness and soreness. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegrapeape73:

I am just getting over a horrible cold and thanks to PIH I can't take anything like a decongestant.  I have been using the Neti Pot and it really helped.  So did having the vaporizer.  I also use saline nose spray which really helps the dryness and soreness. 

This.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"