Parenting

Am I the only 1 who has ever given in?

Sometimes I hate that you can see how many people have viewed a post! 30 views to my parenting no no post below, but no responses.

Re: Am I the only 1 who has ever given in?

• My mom and dh give in all the time...lol. I have not "yet".
  • I mean, sure, of course I've given in to all kinds of stuff. But I didn't respond bc I've never had DS tantrum over a toy (and that wouldn't be something I'd give into, honestly -- maybe that's why DS doesn't bother). that said, 'giving in' is part of parenting and we all have our moments!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagevccake:
    I mean, sure, of course I've given in to all kinds of stuff. But I didn't respond bc I've never had DS tantrum over a toy (and that wouldn't be something I'd give into, honestly -- maybe that's why DS doesn't bother). that said, 'giving in' is part of parenting and we all have our moments!

Oh and this for sure!

• imagevccake:
    I mean, sure, of course I've given in to all kinds of stuff. But I didn't respond bc I've never had DS tantrum over a toy (and that wouldn't be something I'd give into, honestly -- maybe that's why DS doesn't bother). that said, 'giving in' is part of parenting and we all have our moments!

Ditto this pretty much exactly.

imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • The tantrum was pretty mild. It was the constant "We get pincher truck??" All day long that I just could not take.
  • No, you are not.

Which is why no one responds.

You can safely assume that 30 people that read that, have also given in.  And the reason you have no responses is that they feel just as crappy about it as you do!  ;)

I have given in a bunch of times.  I usually "work around it" somehow --- like, in your scenario, I would give them a SUPER EASY task to achieve in order for me to go get it for them.  But then it's not me giving in, it's recognition for something they did.  If they were tantruming, I would say something like "If you go put your shoes away and put your clothes in the hamper (I'm making this up btw), then mommy will go get you the truck set!"

See, viola.  No giving in!  (but really you are)! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"