Eco-Friendly Family

diagnose my 2 y.o. with a phlegmy cough

i think DS has post nasal drip (like i do, ugh) and so the past few days he's had some congestion in his chest.  it's not like he can just cough it up or anything.  DH is freaking out and thinks I need to take him in to the pedi.  I think the pedi won't do anything unless it sounds croupy (it doesn't) or if he has a fever. 

a kid in his daycare was there last monday and then out the rest of the week with RSV, so i think DH is ultra paranoid.  he'd have symptoms of that by now, if he had it, right? 

what sayeth you Mother EFFers?

Re: diagnose my 2 y.o. with a phlegmy cough

• Well, this cold hearted conservative Mother EFFer would probably take him in if his symptoms persist a few more days, or increase in any way.  If he has ANY trouble breathing, take him in, STAT. 
  • yeah it's not like before when he had pneumonia/croup/bronchiolitis.  we can hear the wheezing if he's playing hard, but it doesn't look like he's struggling to breathe.  i have some leftover medicine with his breathing machine, the dr told us we could use it whenever.  we might use some tonight to see if it helps any.  he doesn't seem to be bothered by it. 

signed,

fellow cold hearted conservative mama

• Loading the player...
  • If you have a nebulizer and meds, I'd totally give him a treatment. 
  • As pp said don't mess around if he has any trouble breathing at all. Kids are very good at compensating until they don't (if that makes any sense). RSV can be so contagious and we've had some pretty bad cases in our PICU these past couple weeks. Hopefully the treatment helps and he gets better soon. Just breaks my heart when little ones are feeling yucky.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"