Eco-Friendly Family

I feel so weird tonight

This could be a long post.

I am feeling really weird tonight. I feel like my friends don't understand me, and are not able to understand me. I had one of them suggest that I go on ANTIDEPRESSANTS. I am NOT depressed. I think it is normal to have up and down days. I am not even horribly down. I have much to be thankful for and I realize I am lucky in so many ways.

One thing that did make me sad was that my great aunt's beta (my aunt died in 2006) died today. I had been taking care of that fish in her honor and I feel really bad that it died. I didn't LOVE the fish like I do my other pets, but I felt responsible for him and he was a link to her. Yes, I cried a little bit but that does not mean I need to be medicated!!!

DH got bad news at work- they said he has to work 11 hrs a day minimum and also start coming on saturdays, for no additional compensation at all. He can only get paid for 40 hours per week and the pay is not awesome. Acceptable yes, but not great. So I am upset about him being overworked and then having no "reward" for it other than keeping his job. On top of all those hours, add on two hours of driving. So he will be away from home for 13 hours minimum per day. It makes me MAD. Trying to find engineering jobs in this economy is so tough too, so he will look for other jobs but I don't have high hopes. He was laid off for 11 mths prior to getting his old job back, so yeah it worries me.

I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time to do it. I have a ton of things going on with school (and I am still not real thrilled with the program I am in), plus I have to deal with a bunch of paperwork issues for my unemployment (school complicates things), and *trying* to get funds to pay for school, have been worried about my dog (he is okay though as of today he started barking again), worried about one of my girlfriends who is pregnant and having difficulties in so many ways-- financial, physical, emotional... It is just a lot of things to have at once. Just got my mom on the mend from her colon issues, Oh, and AF is coming.

I think it is fine to go on antidepressants if someone needs them but I think that should be for longer term issues with not being able to manage the emotions. This is not the issue. I feel frustrated and just that nobody "gets" me right now.

Ok, thanks. Rant over.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I feel so weird tonight

• (((Hugs)))  You are going through a lot right now.  A mug of hot tea and an early night to bed always helps to clear my mind and calm my emotions.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I totally understand where you're coming from.  While I don't have all the school or unemployment issues, DH is working way more hours for less compensation that he used to receive due to paycuts at work.  Being home with 2 kids all day, 6 days a week is incredibly stressful. 

Like the pp, I think self-care is super important.  Try to take a bubble bath, read a book on something you're interested in, have a cup of hot tea, get plenty of sleep, etc.  I also think talking to a counselor could help you.  They are typically understanding and can help you get perspective and to the root of your issues.  

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry that you are going through a rough patch! I hope that things begin to look up and your blahs disappear (((hugs)))
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks.

Again, I am not having mental issues, I am just frazzled a bit. I think anyone would be with the same circumstances.

Venting helps, and having you ladies as a support does too. 

I don't feel depressed but I just feel like there is a lot going on and would appreciate if my IRL friends were more supportive.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I completely understand where you are coming from- I think we have all felt that way at one time or another. 

I hope you can work yourself out of your funk! 

• Can I just say how totally impressed I am that you kept a Beta alive since 2006?  Holy cow!  I have never been able to keep one longer than a couple of months.  That's awesome. 

It seems like you've got a lot going on.  Is there anything you enjoy doing alone that you could plan this week while DH is working?   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"