Parenting

Gymboree Birthday Party

My DD will be 2 this yr and I was thinking of having her party at the Gymboree.  I was wondering if anyone has experience with having one there.  How long of a party should we have so we have plenty of time for cake, presents, and the use of the gym.  I think that 2 hrs may not be long enough...if they don't get to play because the whole time we're doing presents and cake we might as well not have it there.  I was figuring it'd prob be $200...does anyone know?  And how far in advance should I book the date?  I want to make sure the time I want will be saved.  Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Re: Gymboree Birthday Party

• We had DS's 2nd bday party there and it was great.  Ours was running a special and we were members so I think it was $150 for up to 15 kids under the age of 6, unlimited adults.  We brought our own cake, cupcakes, ice cream, juice boxes, soft drinks and there was a eating/present time right after the play time. There is usually a pre-set time for these parties of an hour and a half to 2 hours....cant' remember.  I booked well before Christmas for my Jan 10 date last year....I'd give it at least a month.  

Instead of goodie bags, I took a picture of Gymbo on my camera from their gift shop and put them on iron on transfers on little white undershirts.  I also ironed on the little guests' names on the shirts below the picture.....these held the balloons down in the party room so each kid got a balloon and a shirt on the way out (less for me to clean up!)  Got the balloons from Gymboree since when I priced them out locally, they were actually cheaper there.

Megan--Mommy to Owen 1.10.07 and Gibson 5.11.10
  • 2 hours seems to be standard for birthday parties at indoor play areas.  I think it's usually about 1 1/2 hours of free play, then the last hour for food and cake.  I've never seen anyone open the presents at the party - 2 year olds just don't have the patience to sit and watch someone open presents.

$200 would be incredibly cheap here, but maybe it's less there?

• Loading the player...
  • We did that for my DS#1's 2nd birthday and the kids loved it.  We had a 2 hour party which was plenty since they say not to have it more hours than the child is old.  We played and the "teacher" was wonderful and did special birthday things for my DS.  Then we had pizza and cookie cake for the last 1/2 hour.  I wouldn't open presents in front of everyone...takes up too much time and 2 year olds don't want to watch that and it isn't really done at any parties we have been to here at all.
    Jill * Married to Steven 11/9/03 * DS Samuel 4/4/05* DS #2 Jeffrey 6/13/2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"