Attachment Parenting

So sick of doctors

The back story is, since Matthew was little I was pretty sure we were dealing with reflux, but his family doctor had never seen a baby with reflux so he just brushed me off as a first time parent and told me it was normal. I finally got him diagnosed Jan 2 when I took him to the ER in the city where my mom lives and a pediatrician gave me a prescription for Zantac and domperidone for him.

He seemed better but then started to get worse recently and this morning all his old signs were back. I took him to the hospital and waited 5 1/2 hours to be seen by a doctor who told me that his dosage was wrong! He was only getting half of what he needs! He also wants me to add a thickener to Matthew's formula- he asked why I wasn't doing it and I said no one told me to!

I am beyond frustrated and just so sick of doctors. All I want is for my son to feel well.

Re: So sick of doctors

• I went through similar situation. We switched pedis & finally got a reflux dx. Turns out Ari has a crapton of food allergies too, but I had to figure that out on my own.

It's frustrating for sure. Can you find another doc?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not really. Doctors taking patients in my city are scarce indeed and we don't own a car so we're limited by distance.

Food allergies shouldn't be a problem for us since I'm unable to BF- he's on a sensitive formula.

I've read your posts though. I think you're amazing for going through all that to be able to BF Ari! I have to be honest, if Matthew had that many issues I probably would have given up and put him on hypoallergenic formula. Maybe that makes me selfish?

He has the reflux diagnosis now, it's just figuring out how to manage it. He is now getting 60mg per day at 14lbs 9.5oz instead of the 30 originally prescribed. It really pisses me off that he's not getting the help he needs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"