1st Trimester
Options

**Lizze65**

Sounds like you had a great day today!  That was so nice of your brother and SIL to bring games! :)  What did you guys play?

Here's what I was thinking for Valentine's Day.  Should be interesting.  My cookies at Christmas looked like they threw up icing..

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: **Lizze65**

• Options

We played Balderdash.  It was a lot of fun!

I love these cookies.  Too cute!  Where did you get this pictures?

You are way more ambitious than me.  I am hoping to make some simple hearts.  If I can get the royal icing to be the right texture and stick to the cookies, I will be thrilled.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ooh I haven't played that yet.  I'll have to check it out.  My favorite right now is Mad Gab.  I'm addicted.

I just googled Valentine's Day Cookies.  We'll see how it goes.  Icing is really hard.  I have a great Icing Recipe (I'll PM it to you).  The texture is perfect, but I need to practice outlining.  I doubt they will turn out like the picture. :)

How did today go for you?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

What is Mad Gab?  I absolutely love playing games.

I need a good icing recipe.  At least, I think I do.  I prefer to blame the royal icing recipe that I used rather than thinking it was user error.  But, I am sure it was my issue.  The outlining is so hard!

Today has been okay.  I am frustrated because I am still experiencing some spotting.  It is really light, but it makes me worried.  Plus, this means it will be longer until I can get off of bed rest.   

• Options

Abe An An Appeal  - These group of words mean something different when you say it really fast.  Let me know if you get it. lol

The recipe is great for texture.  I'm still unsure of the taste, although, I don't know that I've every really enjoyed iced cookies. lol

I know it would be better if you didn't spot at all, but I think with how light it is, it's a good sign.  It's probably your body adjusting to your little bean.  Hang in there..  February 11th is right around the corner and I'm sure you'll get good news by then.

• Options

A banana peel!  That sounds like a fun game.  I am totally obsessed with games.  I always try to get the family to play games at every holiday.

I definitely need a recipe with a good texture.  That was my downfall last time.  Unfortunately, I like iced cookies (and all sweets) way too much.  Sweets are my weakness!

That is exactly what my husband has been saying about the spotting.  It really is incredibly light.  Sometimes I think that if I hadn't had a couple of scares, I would not notice it now.  But, I still am nervous.  I cannot wait to go back on February 11.

Hope you are having a good evening! 

• Options

LOL.  Good Job! :-)  We always play Yahtzee, Scrabble and Boggle during the Christmas Holiday's.  I'm trying to get my mom to venture out of her comfort zone. 

My weakness is pasta..  I could eat it ALL DAY LONG.  I think that's why I gained 65 lbs w/ my son.  Yep, I said it, 65 lbs..  It was between pasta and taco's. 

I understand, I'm still nervous myself (especially when I cramp up).  Now I know in my head it's the uterus expanding, but I can't help but worry.  What's the first thing you want to do when you are off bedrest?

I had a great night.  My morning on the other hand was not soo nice.  I woke up to a crib filled w/ poop. Poor guy had a tummy ache and well I'll spare you the rest of the details.  He's doing much better though..  I hate having to go to work when he's sick..  My husband sent me  this text:  "I have changed Matthew 4 times this morning.  He's getting better, but we are officially not speaking to each other."  I was cracking up..

• Options

I love any game!  My parents have been venturing out more.  They got a bunch of new games last Christmas.  It was a lot of fun.  My Dad just came over and we played Sorry.  I haven't played that since I was a kid.

Mmmm, pasta.  That sounds really good.  I am sure I will gain a ton of weight since I have been laying around and eating for what feels like an eternity! 

The first thing I want to do is take my sweet little dog for a walk.  He has been so good and sits by my side all day long.   

That is such a sad story.  I feel so bad for you and your son.  How is he feeling now?  Your husband's text made me laugh! 

• Options

I didn't want to intrude on your previous post.  Did the lady's experience put you at ease a little? 

I haven't played Sorry in ages!  I need to add to our collection..  I see a lot of games in our future.

What kind of dog do you have?  We have a soon to be 8 year old Chocolate Lab.  HIs name is Jack and he's nuts. ;-)

M is feeling much better thank you.  I think he just had way to much apple juice yesterday.  I should have watered it down for him.  He's running around like crazy now. 

• Options

It helped a little.  I still am totally nervous.  I wish I could have at least one day with no spotting.  It is so frustrating laying on the couch all day and not seeing any improvement!  I just wish I could know that everything was okay.

You definitely would enjoy Sorry.  It is great to play with kids!  So much fun.

I have a little spaniel.  He has been sitting on my feet and napping the whole time I have been home.  Such a sweetie!

Glad your son is feeling better and has his energy back! 

• Options

I tried to PM you, but it didn't work.  It's not as easy as everyone says! ;-)

It's going to happen, Lizzie... Stay positive and don't be discouraged.  If you can, try to take comfort in the fact that there are many other women that experience this very same thing.  It's going to be ok..

Now a little less worrying and a little more game playing:

Annie Weigh Oo One Tit

• Options

I have no idea how to send a PM.  :)

I need to stay calm.  It is just hard.  I think bed rest is tough because you have so much time to worry! 

I am trying to focus on the positive.   I am so happy about this baby and for every single day that passes.  And I feel fortunate that my husband and my whole family are very supportive and are taking great care of me.  

Any way I want it.  Is that right?

How are you doing tonight?

• Options

Having a supportive family is wonderful.  I'm close with my family too and they honestly make me feel like I can get through anything.  I'm glad they are there to keep you company.

I'm doing ok today.  I feel soo tired and I'm being hit with waves of nausea..  I don't do sick well so it better not lead to any puking or I'm in trouble.  I'm also cramping again and I hate that.  I thought I would worry less with number 2, but here I am... :)

You are correct! :) 

• Options

Having a close family is the best!  I really don't know what I would do without mine.  Is your family in the DC area?

Ugh, sorry you are not feeling well.  It must be tough working, caring for your son, and feeling bad.  Hope you feel better soon!

I guess there always is something to worry about.  I agree that cramping always makes me worry, but, as you know, it is to be expected.  I didn't realize it was normal until I read What to Expect!  I was totally freaked out in the beginning when I had cramps because I had no idea what I would be experiencing.

• Options

My sister and brother are in the area still.  My parents moved to Delaware a couple years ago.  They are only 2 hours away so it's not so bad.  I usually try to visit every chance I get.  I also have a 14 year old sister so it's important to me that we remain close.  I hear to many sad stories of siblings drifting apart because of such a huge age gap.  My parents had her when I was 16!   :)

It's really not too bad.  My real worry is when I'm further along.  I'm scared that I won't be able to pick up M as much as I would like.  I had horrible back pain w/ him.

You just reminded me..  I need to dig out my pregnancy books.   I loved reading them.  I just bought What to Expect the Toddler years...it doesn't look good for me. ;-)

• Options

That is nice that your family is close to you.  Two hour away is not too bad.  At least you don't have to fly!  Wow-- a 16 year age gap is big.  But, if you work to have a good relationship like you are doing, it will happen!

Hopefully this pregnancy won't be as tough on your back and you can still pick up your son easily.  Many of my friends have said they didn't have nearly as bad of symptoms with their second pregnancy.  Maybe your body adapts better the second time? 

I hear the toddler years can be rough.  Your little guy looks too sweet to be any trouble though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"