Trouble TTC
Options

New to The Bump and wondering....

I was on Ortho Evra for several years and my husband and I decided to start ttc.  I came off OE in August and had a regular cycle right after.  I have not had a regular period since.  Last week I started having some mild cramping and started spotting (it was a dark reddish brown color), not heavy like my normal periods were.  This lasted for 2-3 days, decreasing greatly after the first day.  I took a pregnancy test a few days ago b/c I thought it may be implantation bleeding but it came out neg.  Since I haven't had a regular period I don't know when I am ovulating and I am really frustrated with.  Has any one experienced this before?  If so any advice would be greatly appreciated.Smile 

Re: New to The Bump and wondering....

• Options
    It can take 6-months for your periods to return to "normal" after getting off the bill.  You might want to start charting your temperatures.  It will help you to know if you are ovulating, as well as predicting when you should be getting your periods.  In the meantime, if it's been more than 60-days since your last period you should make an appointment with your doctor.  They can give you medication to help bring on your period.  Hope that helps!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options

A similar situation happened with me. I was on the pill for about 2 years, and stopped taking it in June. I had two normal periods, but then they just stopped. I haven't had a period since August, but had the dark brown spotting for a few days. I went to the doctor, and she said that the dark brown spotting was old blood, but not considered an actual period. 

She gave me Provera to jump start my period, and mentioned PCOS might be a factor as well. I would definitely check with your doctor!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a similar situation as well. I would get what I thought was the beginning of a period, but then nothing else. At first the Dr thought I was just trying to regulate after coming off the pill, but as I have not had a normal cycle since Nov 2008, and my labs came back "normal", we're moving on to Clomid. I would try to chart and go to your Dr. asap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"