Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

When do you give in, and let them drop their nap?

DD has been boycotting her nap for a week and a half now. She sit in her bed and reads books, or makes her stiffed pig sing and dance. This week she is even getting out of bed and playing with her toys in her bed. She used to be so good about staying in her bed and taking a nap, but now Otis her own personal play hour. I watch her on the monitor. I know she is tired, but she refuses to go to sleep. At what point do I give in and let her hive up her nap? She isn't even 2.5 yet!

Re: When do you give in, and let them drop their nap?

• Options
    My daughter does this some days, and other days does sleep a bit.  In any case, I have no plans to drop it any time soon - she benefits from having some 'down time,' whether she is sleeping or not.
  • Options
    DS naps maybe once a week but daily he has an hour or more of quiet time with little noise or distraction. There is no forcing my son to nap since he was 21 months. HTH
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS did this for a while too.  I found that it helps to take any distractions out of the room (books, toys, etc), so that she won't be distracted and will hopefully lay down in her bed out of boredom and then fall back to sleep.  This has worked for us.  I personally think this is too young to give up a nap - plus I am sure you need the you-time that a nap provides too.
  • Options
    I gave up last week (31 months). ?She used to stay in her room for quiet time but she started getting really upset. ?I try to get her to lay on the couch for a few every day. ??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"