Northern California Babies
Options

After sweet potatoes, what should we try next?

Ds loved the sweet potatoes, just wondering what to try next. Maybe carrots, squash, avocado? I know there's no right answer, just curious about what others have done.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: After sweet potatoes, what should we try next?

• Options

We did rice cereal followed by oatmeal then avocado, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots - think that was the order anyway. I've lost track! Our pedi recommended trying all the vegetables before moving on to fruits so that's what we did. After all the orange veggies, we moved on to the green (M wasn't such a fan of the green veggies!).

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagetri_bride05:

Our pedi recommended trying all the vegetables before moving on to fruits so that's what we did. After all the orange veggies, we moved on to the green (M wasn't such a fan of the green veggies!).

We did this too. We covered all the veggies, and then started proteins and fruits at around the same time.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just tried sweet potatoes too!! They were a big hit!! I want to try avocado soon!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hehe, we just did oatmeal cereal today! all the babies are getting their first food at the same time! 
  • Options
    Our pedi recommended we start with the yellow veggies first that are " somewhat " sweet. So Cam had alot of the squashes first, butternut being his first and one of his favs !!
  • Options
    We did pears next. I didn't follow the veggies first guidline. It worked fine for us.
  • Options

imageNorcalLinds:
    We did pears next. I didn't follow the veggies first guidline. It worked fine for us.

Ditto this.  Our pedi said BM is sweeter than any fruit we could give and that made sense to me.  We did apples/pears and squash/carrots.  Apples and sweet potatoes were her favorites so I would usually mix something new with one of those.  We also did rice cereal, oatmeal, avocado and banana early.  She actually never liked pureed peas but loved them once she could eat them whole!

• Options

imageNorcalLinds:

Ditto this. We offered pears in the oatmeal next.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"