1st Trimester
Options

Second pregnancy and showing less??

I keep hearing about women who are pregnant with their second and they showed so much sooner. This is my second and I'm just over 9 weeks. I feel and look no different. I have gained 3 lbs, but I think its in my boobs! I kind of makes me worry because I can't feel my uterus at all, my clothes still fit and my stomach really doesn't look any different except at the end of the day when I'm bloated. With my first, I had gained like 7 lbs (excessive I know!) by now and my pants were tight! I think everything is OK, as I had a u/s on Friday and it showed a 9 week baby, bouncing around and doing great. Has anyone else had this experience? Would you be worried? Thanks!

Re: Second pregnancy and showing less??

• Options
    I'm in the same boat.  By this time with DS I was already in maternity pants and a size bigger shirt.  This time around I am still wearing my normal clothes, althought my jeans are just now starting to get a little snug.  My boobs have grown a lot already.  The only reason I suspected I was pregnant this time was because my boobs were bigger.  With DS I didn't get a bigger bra until I was like 20 weeks.  I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and the baby was healthy and had a strong heartbeat.  I am trying not to worry, but it is hard not too.  I go to the doctors tomorrow, so hopefully that will give me some peace of mind.  Try not to worry, I am sure everything is fine.  Every woman is different, so we just may be the odd balls that don't shower sooner with our seconds! :)
  • Options
    I'm so glad to hear that you're going through it too. I mean, I'm sure everything is fine, especially since I had a u/s 2 days ago, but its just weird! I'm sure things are fine for both of us, afterall, it is still really early and every pregnancy is different.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i'm the same way. Alittle early for me. But with DS i couldn't wear my own jeans but i can now without any problem and i have room to spare. Also my boobs have not started hurting which with DS they were painful. But i def have some m/s and i'm extermally tired! I'll find out in two weeks if everything is ok!! 
  • Options
    LOL.  You're not alone.  With my first, everyone thought that I was 6 months pregnant when I was only 3 months.  With this one, I haven't gained any weight and other than the change in bra size and acne (which I didn't have with the first pregnancy), no difference in my appearance.  I know each pregnancy is different, but I didn't expect it to be this different.
  • Options
    I'm with you, although I didn't show for a LONG time with my first either. I just kept seeing pictures of women on here with bumps at 8-10 weeks with their second and I was sure that would be me! I have a little bloat at the end of the day but my pants are fitting normally and I definitely don't even have the start of a bump. I actually hope I show a earlier this time around as last time strangers didn't even start asking if I was pregnant until week 30!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"