Breastfeeding
Options

WWYD? first outting & EBF

My DS has an appointment tomorrow which also happens t be the 1st day MH goes back to work, fine i have no problem handling the boys, here is my concern, if i feed LO at 11:30 am i' can feed him again at 1:30 in the Dr's parking lot and make it to the 2pm apt. does that seem like a hassle? I have pumped and this morning while LO was feeding i was able to get 2.5 oz from the other side. I have yet to introduce bottles but i have the breastflow and figured i could bring it just in case.
i'm so torn about what to do, i don't want the bottle to cause any issues.
any advice?
BFP #1 May 2000 ~ Darren was born Jan 13, 2001 ~ 6lbs 2oz 191/2" ~ 39 wks due to low fluid, otherwise perfect pregnancy
July 2004 abnormal pap, colposcopy and LEEP procedure ~ paps every 3 months all normal for 1 year
2006 all clear to start TTC
HSG Nov 2007 ~ all normal except mild left tube blockage
BFP #2 Dec 2007 EDD sept 3 ~ missed m/c ~ Feb 14 2008 ~ 9wk 2d D&C
BFP #3 Apr 2008 EDD Dec 10 ~ ectopic ~ May 2008 ~ 5wk 2d ~ emergency lap surgery, lost left tube
BFP #4 Jul 2008 EDD May 5 ~ missed m/c ~ Aug 2008 ~ 5wk 2d D&C - trisomy 16
RPL panel Aug 2008 ~ diagnosed with compound hetero MTHFR
BFP #5 Nov 2008 EDD Jul 31 ~ blighted Ovum ~ Dec 2008 ~ 4wk 3d ~ natural m/c at home for my birthday
BFP #6 Feb 2009 EDD Oct 15 ~ 4wk 3d ~ chemical pregnancy ~ Mar 2008
BFP #7 May 18 2009 ~ Gabriel Michael ~ Jan 19, 2010 ~ 7lbs 2oz 21"
TTC again since Jan 2011
BFP #8 Jun 2011 EDD Jan 20 ~ 5wk 6d ~ missed m/c ~ D&C
July - Hysterscopy removed some polyps, all clear for IUI with clomid
Aug-Oct - IUI - with Clomid all BFN
Nov-Jan - IUI - with femara and trigger = BFN
back to TTC naturally on our own hoping for another miracle.
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
Blog

Re: WWYD? first outting & EBF

• Options

Oh Gabriel is so beautiful!  Congratulations on the birth of your son!

I think you have a great plan, I would not mess with bottles at all- and I would also not worry about scheduling when you nurse to the minute- but having a general idea when and where you'll be is very practical and smart. 

It's OK for you to let your needs be known, for example- if you get to the Dr.s a little late and don't have time to nurse- it's OK for you to say, "It's time for me to nurse Gabriel, if the exam room is already open, would it be ok for me to nurse him there and see the Dr. in about 15 or 20 minutes?  People are very accomidating to the needs of a brand new mother- just let them be known! 

Good luck! that first outing is such an adventure!

• Options
    I always found nursing easier and faster than bottles, especially when you have a hungry baby. I nurse Harris at almost every doctor's appointment because that is just the time he nurses. We nurse in the office either during the visit or after the doctor has seen him. I also nurse in the car often, so that is another option. I would just nurse when the baby is hungry and allow for extra time just in case. That way you won't be stressed and can just relax for your first day without the extra help.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePlainandTall:

it's OK for you to say, "It's time for me to nurse Gabriel, if the exam room is already open, would it be ok for me to nurse him there and see the Dr. in about 15 or 20 minutes?  People are very accomidating to the needs of a brand new mother- just let them be known! 

This.  I've had to nurse at every pedi appointment we've had so far, and they're great about it.  I either nurse while we talk to the doctor or stay in the room after the exam. 

• Options
    Agreed. Doctor's offices should be especially understanding. This will all seem less overwhelming soon and you'll just whip it out anywhere and nurse!
  • Options
    I agree with pp's, just nurse him in the office.  Especially if you havent introduced a bottle yet.  The first time we gave DD a bottle it took her forever and was a big mess :)
  • Options
    I just took my 4 day old and 2 1/2 year old to the dr and of course we didnt' have time to nurse before we left.  So as soon as we got there I threw on my hooter hider and nursed him.  They called me while I was nursing and I just got up w/ the hooter hider and walked in while nursing DS - talk about multi-tasking : ) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"