Houston Babies

WWYD- babysitter issue

We have an awesome babysitter that we found on care.com who we use 3-5 times a month. We love her.

However, we went through a big lemon to find her. Basically, we found a girl who looked great- CPR cert, Montessori teachers' aide now in nursing school who wanted regular work with a family for long term. Perfect, right? We were even willing to pay her $15/hr price tag.

So, the 1st time she was supposed to meet with us, she texted me that she was having to stay at the hospital for something... fine. We made other arrangements.

Met her, liked her. Set up her 1st sitting job. She cancelled. Should have seen the red flag but we had booked way in advance for Lights In The Heights and she knew a month ahead of time that was a night we needed her. The week of LITH I texted her to confirm she would be there and never heard back. It was 4 days away and I didn't have time to find another sitter, so I was hoping against hope. Never heard from her. Texted again and then left her a VM the day before. She didn't know what type of event we had, so I left her a message that basically said that it was an important work function for my husband with a new potential client and I was getting anxious about her schedule. Never heard back- even to do me the courtesy of canceling. I mean she could just texted me; it's not like she would have even had to talk with me.

So, I got on care.com and wrote a bad review for her, outlining what happened. A couple days later, her profile was gone.

So, today I was back on care.com to find a secondary sitter as backup and there is Amanda's profile. NO review from me. I emailed care.com via their "report" feature but who knows when someone will read that. Should I write another bad review? It has to be approved by care.com before it's posted but I feel like I should do something... 

Re: WWYD- babysitter issue

• I'd write another bad review and save someone else the hassle! She could AT LEAST have sent you a cowardly text to back out.
  • If you are 100% sure it is the same person I would write the bad review again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBin:
    If you are 100% sure it is the same person I would write the bad review again.

Ditto this. 

• How long ago was it?  If it was over a year, I think I would just let it go.  Maybe she read your review and took it to heart and wanted to start fresh - that's why she started a new profile?  I would wait to see if the care.com will respond back.
  • I put a bad report on Amy's profile when I saw her on there post Nannygate.  It was denied by Care.com, so I emailed them via the contact us link and gave a brief overview.  They deactivated her account and won't let her set up another one.  I got the response from them within a week. 

I hope they do the same with your case. 

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • imageCareBear01:
    How long ago was it?  If it was over a year, I think I would just let it go.  Maybe she read your review and took it to heart and wanted to start fresh - that's why she started a new profile?  I would wait to see if the care.com will respond back.

it was a couple months ago. 

i got an email 1st thing this morning from care.com asking me to tell them what the story was so they could make a decision. immediately after that one, i got another one saying the care rep consulted with her supervisor and that they decided that trying to go around  the review process and cheat is not acceptable and not what they expect of their members. the deactivated her account and have taken steps so that she cannot set up another one. i feel really good about how they handled it and have already gotten some good responses to my ad for a back up sitter :)

• imagerayskit10:

imageCareBear01:
    How long ago was it?  If it was over a year, I think I would just let it go.  Maybe she read your review and took it to heart and wanted to start fresh - that's why she started a new profile?  I would wait to see if the care.com will respond back.

it was a couple months ago. 

i got an email 1st thing this morning from care.com asking me to tell them what the story was so they could make a decision. immediately after that one, i got another one saying the care rep consulted with her supervisor and that they decided that trying to go around  the review process and cheat is not acceptable and not what they expect of their members. the deactivated her account and have taken steps so that she cannot set up another one. i feel really good about how they handled it and have already gotten some good responses to my ad for a back up sitter :)

A few months ago would still be fresh in my mind and I would want to report it, then.  I think they handled it well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"