Parenting after a Loss
Options

nursing & pumping before work??

XP

DD normally does a 4 am feeding (nursing).  I will need to be out of the house by 6:30 am to be at work at 7.  What is the best schedule to pump and nurse one more time before I leave?  I plan on pumping three times at work.  I just started taking fenugreek since I was only getting 2 oz sometimes when pumping.  Between a 4 am feeding, one pumping session and one more nursing session.....am I crazy thinking I can keep up with LO before work?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nursing & pumping before work??

• Options

Rae, you're just going back now? How nice to have 5+ months off! Good luck on your first day back!

My boy usually eats around 5 a.m. or so ... I don't have time to pump in the mornings - I'll only do it if I'm SUPER engorged. Otherwise I just move my first pumping session at work to earlier. I usually do 9:30, 12:30 and 3:30 at work, but sometimes I'll move the morning session to 9:00 or even 8:45. 

• Options

Hey.  I know, I am very lucky to have had 5 months off with her.  :-)  I am going to miss her like crazy.

I am just worried about not getting enough out from pumping during the day.  I use to have an oversupply, but that is gone now.  LO eats around every 2 hours, but when I pump I am hardly getting anything.  Well, until I started fenugreek a few days ago.  

I plan on sending her off with 4-4oz bottles.  She will be dropped off around 7:30 and I will be picking her up around 4. We have formula just in case she needs more, but is seriously smells like cat food!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    what is this fenugreek that you speak of??
  • Options

imagemrsmiller06:
    what is this fenugreek that you speak of??

You can get it in the health food section at a grocery store.  they are a natural pill that you take (2 or 3 pills, 3 times a day with food) that up your supply.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"