Working Moms

Pumping & nursing before heading to work? going back tomorrow :-(

Hi,

I have been reading up on posts but missed my exact question.  DD normally does a 4 am feeding (nursing).  I will need to be out of the house by 6:30 am to be at work at 7.  What is the best schedule to pump and nurse one more time before I leave?  I plan on pumping three times at work.  I just started taking fenugreek since I was only getting 2 oz sometimes when pumping.  Between a 4 am feeding, one pumping session and one more nursing session.....am I crazy thinking I can keep up with LO before work?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pumping & nursing before heading to work? going back tomorrow :-(

• I would nurse then pump right after. That way you can pump an hr or so after you get to work. I would rec going to bed early bc to do both and get ready for work, that takes up a lot of time. Maybe get in the habit of eating a good breakfast while pumping to get you through the day?
  • I went back to work when DD was 4 months old.  My schedule was something like this:

4:30 a.m. - Pump (just a little to take the edge off so I could shower)

5-5:30 a.m. - DD woke up to BF

6:30 a.m. - Pump (I'd only get about 3-4 oz)

10 a.m. and 2 p.m. - Pump

5 p.m. - BF

8 p.m. - BF

Do you have a freezer stash at all?  I had a ton of milk in the freezer when I went back to work, almost 350 oz, but I was still able to freeze 3 6oz bags a day, which was the exact amount DD ate while I was at work.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i am not a morning person.  before going back to work i thought i would pump after ds's morning feeding.  that lasted one day.  now i bf him at 7pm, put him to bed and pump at 9:30pm-ish to get an extra pumping session in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"