Attachment Parenting

High Back Carry

S is almost 4 months and has great head control.  Is she still to young for this?  How complicated is the wrapping? 

I for some reason have a very steep learning curve for carriers (just not the way my brain works I guess) and still have to tie the Moby in the mirror.  Any tricks to making the wrapping easier to learn if it is difficult?

Suggestions on what type of wrap to buy and a great place to get a starter wrap?  Used is fine!

TIA!

Re: High Back Carry

• You'll definitely want a woven for a high back carry - stretchies are too hard to pull tight enough to be totally safe IMO.

I have lots of info on wovens and where to buy in my siggy link.  thebabywearer.com has a great FSOT forum if you want to buy used.

And 4 months is definitely old enough.  I did back carries when kiddo was two months.  Practice is key - and using a mirror is totally fine.  You might want to practice with a stuffed animal or something to get the mechanics down before you try with baby.  I also did my first back carries over the bed or had a spotter until I felt comfortable with what I was doing.

• imagencbelle:

You'll definitely want a woven for a high back carry - stretchies are too hard to pull tight enough to be totally safe IMO.

I have lots of info on wovens and where to buy in my siggy link.  thebabywearer.com has a great FSOT forum if you want to buy used.

And 4 months is definitely old enough.  I did back carries when kiddo was two months.  Practice is key - and using a mirror is totally fine.  You might want to practice with a stuffed animal or something to get the mechanics down before you try with baby.  I also did my first back carries over the bed or had a spotter until I felt comfortable with what I was doing.

Thank you!  The stuffed animal is a great idea and I am sure with practice we can master.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"