Nurseries and Baby Gear

hanging ribboned things.....

also a PSA - I got the CUTEST ceramic plaque from Target's valentine's section the other day. It's small and white and it says "you make me smile" (girl oriented b/c "smile" is in pink).

It came with a pink ribbon for hanging (also has a metal hook but I like the ribbon). ?How do I hang? I think a bare nail will look ugly. push pin? thumb tack?

I know so many of you have made letters that are hung with ribbon, how have you hung them to the wall?

?thanks in advance!?

Re: hanging ribboned things.....

• I've used wooden knobs that you would put on closet doors and painted them and hang ribbon art from them. 

You could even get a cute pattern one from a home department store.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You can make the bow cover the nail or Home Depot sells hooks that are coated in white rubber.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Another option are the decorative metal hooks from 3M. Come in several finishes and use those adhesive strips. They really do stay put if you clean the wall with alcohol first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it has a hanger (concealed) on the back you can hang that part with a nail and then use this stuff called "fun tack" to hold the ribbon up. Its kind of like sticky clay that comes in small blue sheets- you pull of however big of a piece you need, roll it up and squish it flat, stick it on the back of the ribbon and then stick it on the wall. It won't damage your paint and you can use it on the backs of other pictures too to make them hang straight. You can find it at pretty much any craft store - I got mine at Joann Fabric. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"