Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Ectopic surgery Q.

So, I have a lump underneath the ugly + shaped incision.  And I have been having stabbing pains mostly on the same side not cramping just out of no where it feels like someone stabbed me, which is on my right ovary and tube area.  I had my left tube removed, wth?  Is this normal?  I stopped cramping and bleeding.  And my belly button stinks!  soooo gross!  They went in through there too and all of the incision points are swelling not huge but they are.  I don't know what to do with them, they get irritated so easily.  My normal reaction would to use alcohol to clean my belly button but with the cutting in there I am not sure.  I have a very-inny button, it never even popped or anything with DD.  I just want to get healed up and get back on a regular cycle, what is my body doing.  I am thinking infection but I can't get a hold of my doctor.  So I have to wait until Monday to just talk but I have a wed. appt, should I just wait until then.  It shouldn't get too out of control by then I would hope, it is just a constant reminder that hey your baby that was supposed to be growing in you right now got taken out of you RIGHT HERE with big blinking neon letters. 

Re: Ectopic surgery Q.

• sorry to for what you are going through.  I don't know how much I can help you.  I had an ectopic, but no surgery.  I know two others that did have a surgery and they both had pain in the other tube.  They were both told it was normal.  I hope that gives you some comfort.  As far as the infection, I wouldn't be afraid to call on Monday.   That's what we pay them for!  I hope today and the rest of your days are a smoother recovery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you have a fever?  If so, 100% go to a doctor/ER now.  If not, are the incisions red as well or has the swelling been increasing?  Mine were red around them, but never swollen.  If you are concerned, I'd find a doctor (even if it isn't your ob/gyn) to look at them. 

And smelly belly button is pretty normal.  Thankfully that was the incision that healed the fastest for me, followed by the one at my pubic bone.  The one that took the longest was my belly one.

If it's been about 10-14 days past your surgery, it could also be ovulation pain you are feeling.  I felt it for the first time post surgery and it was so intense I had an emergency u/s to make sure it wasn't a surgery-related problem.  Each month after that I felt it, but it got less intense over time until about 4 months out I stopped feeling it. 

• Loading the player...
  • I had pain on the opposite side from my tube that was removed.  Good rule of thumb with incisions, if they are swelling at all with a bad smell...have them checked for infection.  There may have been a cyst and that is what you are feeling.  Get it checked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"