Blended Families

Dear BM, You Fvcking Suck! LONG

Sorry this is a LONG vent... 

**LO is under DH's insurance, so I registered her under his name at the clinic. His 2 daughters were also registered under his name at the clinic until his divorce was final. He does not go to this clinic, just the kids.

I went in for LO's shots yesterday. For some reason every time we go to the pedi I get called into the business office. I guess I never thought much of it until yesterday. So when I was in the business office, the lady said we have about $400 worth of LO's previous visits being processed in insurance right now. She asked me if I'd like to pay some or all of this amount now, and I told her I was confused as to why I kept getting called in and asked to pay before it went through insurance. She responded with an extremely rude, "That's what happens when you don't pay your bills and let them go to collections. I can't help that you ruined your credit at our clinic." I had her look up what went to collections as November was my first time EVER going to this clinic. She looked up the date and it was from 2 years ago for SD#2. This was during DH and BM's separation before the divorce was final. She apparently had been getting letters from the clinic, and then from the collection agency. She never paid and never let DH know she wasn't paying. Once she went back to her maiden name she made an account with her name and registered the girls to her to ditch the bill.

I was SO upset. I cried all the way home. I yelled at DH even though he did nothing wrong. I called the clinic back and ended up crying. I called the collection agency and ended up crying. I was just so upset by the fact that she walks right in and nobody thinks twice about it, while my newborn and I have sat in the business office for a half hour each visit being treated like piles of crap b/c of her! I knew DH having children and an ex would be tough at times, but it just really gets to me when BM ends up affecting my daughter. (Besides this fiasco, she has allegedly been referring to LO as "stupid baby" to my SD's.)

This morning the head lady from the business office called and said she would reinstate our credit there as she understands it was not our fault. I feel a little better but am still upset that BM is so damn irresponsible.

Re: Dear BM, You Fvcking Suck! LONG

• When the woman from the business office called, did you discuss the actions of the other woman from the business office?  Regardless of the status of your bill, there is no reason for them to have treated you that way.

As to the actions of BM, she's obviously petty and immature.  I know it's hard (nearly impossible, probably), but maintain the high ground, and try not to let it get to you.  Some day your SKs will grow up, and they will see their mother's actions for what they were.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The BM to my SD still lives with her parents and when her parents found out I was pregnant her father had the audacity to say, infront of SD, that DH's and my child should be put in a cage.  They've said nasty things before, but I think when you start saying things like that about a baby, that shows how God awful these people really are. Stay strong and know that this wont last forever.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is exactly why I would not take DS to SS's pedi. I don't want DS associated with BM at all. Plus BM works at SS's pedi and I don't want her to have any sort of access to any of his medical records or my SSN. She is so nosey I know there would have been a HIPPA violation there. Also have you and DH thought about taking LO to a different pedi?
    Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"