Nurseries and Baby Gear

ottoman..yes or no

We are moving the glider from DD #1 to DD#2's room.  I have a nice slip cover to match the new nursery, but I cant find an affordable ottoman slip cover..my question is...do I even need it (we didnt use the glider at all in DD's room as she was sleeping through the night at 2 weeks)!

Re: ottoman..yes or no

• Lucky! For me, yes. I have a gliding ottoman and am glad to have it. I still use it. DS STTN, but I still rock him and until a month ago I still nursed him in that glider. I think the ottoman makes it much more comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Now I need someone to find me an awesome white ottoman slipcover...or even a complimentary slipcover (like a really light green)...but I cannot find anything!
  • Loading the player...
  • No!  A nursing stool is significantly better for nursing or feeding.  Your knees need to be slanted up and stable, a moving ottoman is just a pain.  It's nice for rocking but not for feeding.  My best friend has the moving ottoman abd uses it as a side table.
  • I loved my ottoman.  I will say dd had reflux so "we" did a lot of sleeping in the glider and the ottoman saved my nights.   I wasn't wild about our nursing stool.  It was fine when nursing, but was a pain when just rocking/snuggling.  We took the ottoman away as it was becoming a surf board for our toddler...ha, but I miss it and can't wait to have it out for baby 2!  Could you have a slipcover made for it from someone who sews?  I made one for ours and it turned out to be just what we needed. 
  • I don't have an ottoman in the baby's room, and I don't think I would ever use one. It would just take up more space too.
  • We don't use an ottoman & I've never wished for one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think Wal-Mart has slipcovers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"