TTC after 35

introducing myself

hi there ...

i'll be 41 in march (dh is 50) ... we have a beautiful boy who will be 2 in february (see siggy) and are trying for #2.

our son was conceived very easily (we were quite lucky) ... but this time around, not so much.  i still nurse my son a little bit, so i'm sure that plays a part, but my mother started menopause early, and that is my concern.  i have an appointment with a RE in mid feb.  

anyway, eager to get to know you guys ... and for those who have been thru it, what are some of the things a RE will do?  what are the first lines of fertility treatment?

Robin 

Re: introducing myself

• Sister Robin is here!

So happy you've decided to join us.  I'll email ya! ;-)

• Hi and welcome! OMG! Those curls!!! Your son is adorable. Anyway, I just started seeing a RE, so far he has taken blood and did an ultrasound. He then decided to put me on gonal-f injections which I'll start n my next cycle. Good luck at your appt! :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and GL!! Your DS is just adorable!!! Love those curls!!

The RE will take your history and move on from there, probably run a few tests but I would have to say that the BF definitely has something to do with it.

This board is full of great women and I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with Char...

Good Luck to you and welcome to the board!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Welcome to the board!

Good luck to you!!

• Welcome and good luck with TTC#2, we're doing the same!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Adorable child you have!  Welcome to the board, you'll learn LOTS here!

As for the RE, the first thing they do is take a history, pelvic exam (one of mine did but not the other), and then there are the baseline tests - cycle day 3 bloodwork, ultrasound, HSG (x-ray of your tubes), and DH's SA.  From there they can usually make a diagnosis and determine your treatment options.

Good luck with #2!

• Welcome & GL!
  • Welcome and Goodluck.
  • Welcome to the board and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"