Washington Babies
Options

de facto ban?

So I was talking to my friend who had a c-section at Evergreen a year and a half ago. She said that shortly after she had her c-section Evergreen put a ban on vbacs, so she wouldn't be allowed to try for one the second time around. I was curious and thought I would look it up...

What I found was that they had a de facto ban in place. Can someone explain that to me? I am interpreting that to mean, it isn't a legal ban, that if your care giver offers that service, you can have one. 

Has anyone had a vbac at Evergreen recently? I find a ban interesting since Overlake is just down the road and offers them, you would think Evergreen would lose business because of that. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: de facto ban?

• Options
    From what I understand, a de facto ban means that they are not supportive of the procedure  (or the group they are a part of doesn't support them). It's not an official ban but it might as well be.
  • Options
    For some reason I feel like I heard they no longer do them, except for the midwives.  But now I can't remember where I heard it from... lol, pregnancy brain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My coworkers wife had a VBAC at evergreen about a year ago. She had no problems getting one.
  • Options
    my doc at evergreen would have done a v-bac.  we talked about it a few times, including the morning my water broke.   i think it all depends on your doctor.
  • Options

imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    my doc at evergreen would have done a v-bac.  we talked about it a few times, including the morning my water broke.   i think it all depends on your doctor.

This is true. There are very few DR in this state that will do a VBAC.  My friend had her second baby in October at Northwest Hospital in Northgate.  Her first boy was born Via C section at Everett's women and childrens Pavillion.  She wanted to try for a VBAC but her last OB wouldn't do it, and Northwest was the closest hospital for her (We live in Marysville).  She ended up having a scheduled C section anyway per her DR recommendation.  I know it can be done, but like I said she had to search for a DR that would even think about it. 

• Options
    imageMrs.State746:

imageSeattle_JiLLn:

This is true. There are very few DR in this state that will do a VBAC.  My friend had her second baby in October at Northwest Hospital in Northgate.  Her first boy was born Via C section at Everett's women and childrens Pavillion.  She wanted to try for a VBAC but her last OB wouldn't do it, and Northwest was the closest hospital for her (We live in Marysville).  She ended up having a scheduled C section anyway per her DR recommendation.  I know it can be done, but like I said she had to search for a DR that would even think about it. 

I know for the Pavillion, Everett Clinic doc will do a vbac, Providence Physicians won't.  I am all signed up to try for a vbac, atleast at this point. :)

• Options
    imagecmcmillan:
    imageMrs.State746:

imageSeattle_JiLLn:

I know for the Pavillion, Everett Clinic doc will do a vbac, Providence Physicians won't.  I am all signed up to try for a vbac, atleast at this point. :)

Strange...She could have not even looked at the Everett Clinic because she was so unhappy with the Hospital.   I on the other hand LOVED it.  I think we go to the same practice.  Didn't you mention DR Banfield?  I have DR Nathan.  

• Options

Didnt Susan (scarletti) have a VBAC with her son at Evergreen?  I think it was her anyway.

• Options
    imagepixelvixen:

Didnt Susan (scarletti) have a VBAC with her son at Evergreen?  I think it was her anyway.

She went through a midwife, which is maybe why I was thinking doc's didn't do them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"