Special Needs
Options

Anyone get anxiety at night?

I've been so stressed over all my DD's dr appointments that I've developed awful insomnia at night. I just cant stop thinking and worrying. My dr prescribed ambien for me which didnt work. I'd rather not do meds...I wish I can just get past this. Anyone else? Thanks

Re: Anyone get anxiety at night?

• Options
    Yes when I am laying in bed I actually have time to think.
  • Options
    So far, I have been too tired to think. I use smutty historical romances as a way to "turn off" the ramblings of my brain. Some good bodice ripping helps me drift right off.... :)  A big glass of wine doesn't hurt either.
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes.

I have insomnia and I'm sure it is due to stress/worrying.  I think I could cure it with exercise, but I usually fall into by deepest sleep around 4am and would need to be up by 6 to work out.

I definitely need to break this cycle.  I know exercise would benefit me in numerous ways right now.

• Options
    Yes, but for me its just one symptom of my anxiety.  Anti-anxiety medication did more for me than Ambien for that problem.  Once I wasn't so anxious I could fall asleep just fine.  In one way, the sleep medication made me more anxious because I was convinced one of our kids was going to need me during the night and I would be too doped up to take care of them properly.
  • Options

yep -  ditto Bugmommy. My dr prescribed me Ativan for the "overwhelming moments", and I've been taking one every night. Otherwise, I think too much, cry and can't fall asleep. And then I'm no good too anyone!

good luck. :)

• Options
    I too have been really hesitating against meds, but 10 months post dx, I finally gave in, the anxiety was just too much for me. I just started Lexapro about 4 days ago, and wow, I can already feel a difference. I sleep better and I don't get as on edge about every little thing. I feel more "normal" now. If I had known how well it worked, I would have gotten on it earlier. I see it as a temp thing though.
  • Options

Good lord yes!!  I am having post partum anxiety issues right now and even though my little one's sleep like angels - I can't sleep worth crap because I worry worry worry.  I was given Ativan - but I only took it once because I don't want to use meds either!  I do better if I work out and try to spend a while in the evenings vegging out until I just pass out asleep.  I cannot go in and lay down and fall asleep - I just basically have to fall over while doing something else.  I am hoping it gets better with time!!  I did pretty well blocking out the worrying about the future prior to having this baby.  I just kept thinking how I wouldn't trade him for the world and how fun and sweet he is.  :) 

I hope it gets better for you - Feel free to email me if you want to chat about it angela.cantrell@hotmail.com  - EnglishMajor is another mom on here going through anxiety issues and she has been very helpful to me! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"