Austin Babies
Options

There was some blood when I used the bathroom. (TMI, sorry)

Towards the end of the day at work today, I noticed a small dot of red blood when I went to the bathroom.  Of course seeing any blood this early, I got all upset at work.  I put a pantyliner on and have continued to have red blood on it and pink/red when I wipe (So sorry for the TMI) I feel like I have slight cramping, but it's hard to tell because I've had light cramping on and off since we first found out I was pregnant.  Is the spotting or bleeding like that normal this early on?  Did anyone else have something similar happen to them?  I'm upset because I don't know what to make of it, I'm nervous. Sad

Re: There was some blood when I used the bathroom. (TMI, sorry)

• Options

I had it all first tri and was on progesterone supplements.  DD arrived just fine, healthy and happy!  Try not to panic, but call the nurse line or something if you're nervous to see what they say.

I know it's scary, but I have a friend that spotted through both of her pregnancies, and didn't need progesterone and both of her kids were born happy and healthy as well!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I did w/ this pg.  I had a hemorrhage that was causing the bleeding. Have you had sex?  Sex can cause bleeding too.  My doctor told me to be concerned if there were clots or I could fill a pad in an hour.  I never reached that point and after a few weeks my hemorrhage resolved.  My doc also put me on progesterone for the first several weeks while I was bleeding to help out.  I'd definitely call your doc on Monday or go to the ER if it gets worse.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would call your nurses line and see what they say.  FWIW, I spotted bright red and pink around the same point you are at, and then again at 12 weeks, and it turned out to be nothing--they could never find where the blood was coming from.  Little Man turned out to be just fine.

**hugs**

• Options
    I bled the first trimester too, sometimes pretty heavy. I've realized that there are a lot of people that have this issue. But everything turned out fine. You should call your doctor though just to verify and settle your nerves.
  • Options
    Oh M, try not to worry too much. I'm sure it will all turn out fine. But like others have said, to help settle your nerves I would probably call and talk to a nurse at your drs office just for the extra reassurance. Sending lots of calming thoughts your way!
  • Options
    I'm sorry, that's so scary!  I spotted once with DS's pregnancy.  It's probably not a bad idea to call the on call OB and see what they say.  Take care!  Sending good t&p!
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Right at 8 weeks with this pregnancy, I had bright red blood when I wiped after using the bathroom. (Ironically, I was at the doctor's office for my first regular OB appointment.) I continued to spot for about 24 hours, but the blood gradually went darker and darker. I had some very slight cramping all that day too.

My doctor said the blood was probably from the twin that stopped developing very early on. I'm still pregnant and the baby is doing great, so clearly that bleeding wasn't a problem.

When I miscarried last Spring, I had no bleeding and no cramping.

I agree that you should call your doctor's on-call number and see what they recommend.

A lot of people have bleeding/spotting, and it turns out okay.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I spotted on and off bright red blood from 7 weeks to about 27 weeks.  it's FINALLY stopped except for a rare occasion.  My cervix was a little delicate at times and some of the capillaries that ran right on the surface would break but they think most of the blood was coming from my bladder actually.

Still I know that even when its "nothing", its scary, so call your doc, put your feet up and take it easy.

I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this.  How scary!  Prayers are on the way.  Like PPs have said, it could be nothing at all.  Keep us posted.
  • Options
    (((hugs))) to you. I'm sorry you're dealing with this! Lots of T&P going out to you. I know your DH is an EMT...is there anything he can do to check you out and make sure everything's fine? Keep us updated if you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"