Parenting after 35
Options

Solid Food Q

When I returned home from the grocery store, DH had just fed J a bottle I waited 30 minutes then gave him some green beans. He threw up. Not sure if I fed him too much too fast or if they just don't agree with him. WWYD? Wait til tomorrow and try again? Seems logical but I am almost scared to do it because what if it's a food allergy (no idea what to look for in terms of food allergies).

Re: Solid Food Q

• Options
    Did DH burp him?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Eh...most likely no...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the whole solid food guessing game crapshoot. It could be any number of things that made him throw up. I would try them again another time....Sometimes F throws up and then keeps eating as if nothing happened.
  • Options
    No actual experience here, but I'd guess try again later... this time with a good burpinating beforehand.  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imagesnwfields:
    Welcome to the whole solid food guessing game crapshoot. It could be any number of things that made him throw up. I would try them again another time....Sometimes F throws up and then keeps eating as if nothing happened.

This Yes

• Options
    I'd give it another try also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am dealing with the same thing. So far sweet potato and carrots have made Matt vomit. Although you are supposed to feed milk/formula first, we are feeding solids first because he makes himself gag and vomit.

I hope there is something he likes. I can't imagine breast feeding/pumping for the next 18 years!!

• Options

Amy,  my pedi said to offer the solids first and THEN give a bottle.

We didn't introduce any fruits/veggies until 5 months. I almost considered waiting until 6 months but Aaron's constipation issues nixed that thought (and they're all gone now).

I'm sorry that Jace threw up... I would try one more time and if he throws up again, then I'd wait until he was older before trying again. Just don't introduce a new food for another 5 days (get it out of his system) to rule out allergies.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"