Multiples

Spent time in L&D last night...

Started having contractions at 5pm last night. They were pretty sporatic so I just rested on the couch and timed them. After four hours of pretty consistant contrax we went it. I guess I was contracting every 3-5 min. They hooked me up to the monitors and then all of a sudden they lost baby A's heartbeat. About 4-5 nurses came rushing in. It was a little overwhelming. They gave me two shots of the "t" drug that slows contractions. Which helped. I am very exhausted today and resting on the couch. I dont think we are going to make it until Feb. 17th csection. I just need to rest.

I was worried about going in without having consistant contractions but glad I did. The girls are good and growing.

Re: Spent time in L&D last night...

• Sounds like a pretty dramatic night.  Sorry you had to go through that!   I'm also in the hospital (came in Thurs night - 35 weeks exactly) for low platelet count and am not going home until the babies arrive. 

Enjoy your time on the couch and do NOT overdo it.  Just relax and let everyone help you out.

• That's good that you're already 35w.  You could still make it to your scheduled c/s.  I spent a week on L&D on mag for contrax every 2-3 minutes and still made it to my c/s at 38w (was off of BR and Procardia at 36w).  Keep them in as best as you can, you've already done such a good job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"