TTC after 35

Update on the dog situation (now w/ PIP)

Char, Franny, and those who had asked about the dog, we got one!

Char, you will be happy to know that we got him from the shelter.  He is a 4 year old golden retriever and his name is Scout.  I saw him at the shelter on Thursday, but they wouldn't let me adopt him without DH being there too. DH had appointments and couldn't come. I was so afraid someone would take him before we got back there on Friday, but he was still there.

So far, he seems to be adjusting well.

Yay!

Here are the photos you requested . . .

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update on the dog situation (now w/ PIP)

• Congratulations! You have to post a picture of him!
  • Im so happy you found him! Pictures please!!
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I LOVE Goldens!  So sweet tempered and cute!  Good luck with you new family member!  I think Scout is a cute name!  Did they give you any info on his background?
  • Holly!! Yaay!!! I was just thinking about you today because they were doing an adoption clinic at the PetSmart!

Goldens are so sweet!! I love them! Vinny had 2 best friends in Columbus that were goldens :) 

Do you know anything about his background??

...and pictures please!!!! `

• I have a seven year old golden retriever..still a puppy really. So loving, loyal, and fun with kids and others..good choice..

pics please!!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Congrats!  Pics Please!
    Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AW-I'd love to see a picture as well!  Also, how are you?  How is IVF going?
  • Oh yay!!!!!! A new puppy dog!! I'm jealous. I hope you post pictures.
  • That's great! Always good to hear when a dog goes home with his forever family.
  • imageFrannyS:
    Oh I LOVE Goldens!  So sweet tempered and cute!  Good luck with you new family member!  I think Scout is a cute name!  Did they give you any info on his background?

They didn't have much info on his background. He came from animal control and they said they don't get much info when they come from there. Someone adopted him right away, but then brought him back after 2 days. I can't figure out why because he is really well-behaved for us. So glad they returned him so we could adopt him!

• imageougrad1:
    AW-I'd love to see a picture as well!  Also, how are you?  How is IVF going?

IVF is not great. I tested at 7dp3dt and it was negative. I know that is early, but I just don't have a good feeling. I have had no symptoms at all.  Ugh. This sucks. I haven't tested again because it is too hard to see the BFN. I will probably test again the day before my beta, which is on Thursday.

• He looks so sweet! He looks like he's saying "I hope your my new Mama, I hope I get to stay here!" Your first poas was pretty early, you are so strong to hold out. I've got everything crossed for you! GL!
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Awww, Scout is sooo cute!  Congratulations!  He was meant to be yours=)
  • Sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Oh Holly, he is gorgeous!!  Congratulations on your new addition!!
  • So cute!!!  Congratulations on your new furbaby.  Yes

ETA: You tested too early girl! Try again in a few days.  Fingers crossed for you. :)

I had a dog that I took back to the SPCA, once.   It killed me to do it but she just wasn't the right fit for us.  We "tried her out" over a 3 day weekend and I ended up taking her back first thing Monday morning.  Funny thing is, she found a home with my friend's mom.  I found out about 6 months later when he was in town and invited us over for dinner.  We started talking about the dog and there was a weird familiarity about this dog.  We discovered it was the same dog.  (I live in a city of well over 500,000 people!)  I bought her toys and a collar and asked that they keep them with her.  When my friend's mom got her, they told her that the previous owner brought her in with a collar and asked that it stay with here.  LOL  She still had it. 

• He is so cute!  Have fun with him!
  • He's adorable! Congrats! I grew up with a golden and my parents have another now. She's a sweetheart of a dog.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"