Upstate NY Babies
Options

Lesson learned

So we debated heavily over which infant seat to get and we finally opted for the Chicco Key Fit 30. We love it since it is relatively light, the fabric is wipeable, and the design is neutral and will match our stroller.

Well, we now have all of the pieces to put stuff together (stroller, car seat and car seat adapter). The only problem is that the adapter and car seat are not compatible.

This must have been the only stroller/car seat combo that I didn't double check. So now we need to return the car seat that we love for one that will do the job. **le sigh**

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lesson learned

• Options
    What stroller did you get?  We have the Graco SnugRide 32 and the BOB revolution and they fit great.  The carseat is nice.  It is getting a little heavier now that our little guy is growing, but it is still do-able. 
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got the city mini and it will work with virtually every car seat except the chicco. I don't like the new fabric designs for the Gracco and the Sungride 32 fabric doesn't appear to be easily cleaned since it is a velvet type material. Maybe I am wrong here but babies spit up, have accidents and I think having something that can wipe out easily would be better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh that stinks.. yeah the chicco seats are a little different because they don't have the hook thingy to hook them in the base.. I know my friend's Chicco seat wouldn't work in my Snap n Go either.. That sucks that you liked that seat so much and you can't use it..

I have been pretty happy with our snugride.. I don't know what the patterns out there currently look like though..
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

My snugride doesn't have velvet-y material.. Its not a snugride 32 though. They didn't make those when Eve was born.. plus I think they are pretty HEAVY.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

We have a regular Graco Snugride.  A friend of mine got the Chicco, but they bought a Graco after they found it nearly impossible to find a stroller that worked with the Chicco. 

If it makes your decision any easier, babies are usually in the infant car seat for less than a year, so while you might not get the fabric you love, they're not in it for very long.  Our carseat didn't really match our Snap n Go stroller very well, but we used the infant seat for only 6 or 7 months, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

• Options
    I have the graco 32 and it is not velvet.  It just wipes up well and for a poop blow out once we just threw it in the washing machine and dryer and it came out fine.  Ours is just light blue and dark blue, bc I wanted something that would work for a boy or girl, so I didn't really look at patterns or anything.
  • Options

I have this Snugride32 (Zurich) and it's not velvety either - wipes out easily.  Got it at Walmart.

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"