Parenting after 35

You know you're an older parent when. . .

Like today at my first postpartum appt the ob/gyn said you know it is time for your mamogram (40) - how about in May?

Re: You know you're an older parent when. . .

• I feel your pain, mine is in June!
  • LOL! I had mine the same day they pulled out the IUD so we could TTC #2.

On a more serious note, my gyn does not recommend mammos until 18 mo after lactation ends, or after giving birth. Apparently it distorts the tissues and leads to an inaccurate reading, which is why I had one last April.

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep!  I don't think those new moms in their 20s get that. LOL.

Actually... my OB had me have my annual in December (when DS was 4 months old) instead of April, when I usually did (birthday month).  She did my breast exam and had me get my mammo now instead of when I turn 40 in April because of a lump.

Thankfully it's just a cyst (I have lumpy boobs) and they were able to compare to my baseline mammo that I had at age 37. And  I have to have a uterine u/s since during my internal my OB said my uterus felt enlarged. Apparently my uterus didn't go back the way it was supposed to. It's now tilted (wasn't before) due to Aaron's size (9 lb).

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I had my first 1 @ 35!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagecoquina:
    I had my first 1 @ 35!

Mine was at 33 (cuz we thought we felt something)

• I had my baseline done at 35. My OB wanted me to get one 2 years ago because she knew we were going to TTC-I declined.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I still haven't had one at almost 42.  I know, I know...

I do monthly self-checks, does that count? 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I had my first one at 38 the tissue was really dense so I had to go back for a second round - not fun! I will go back once I am done bfing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"