Houston Babies

Wish us luck! Night 1 with no paci

Because T was such a bad sleeper, we let him hold on to his paci for much longer than we ever thought we would. Leading up to his birthday, we kept telling him that 3 meant no more pacis. People would even ask him "how old are you going to be?" and he would proudly exclaim "Three! No more pacis!"

so, this afternoon we boxed them all up and taped the box closed. Said good by and he put them out for the mailman.

wish us luck! 

Re: Wish us luck! Night 1 with no paci

• i hope this goes well for you.  let me know.   i have a 2 year old and want to take it away at night now too.  she doesn't get it during the day and is good with that.  can't wait to hear how it goes.

• Good Luck. We're planning on 3 as well.
    Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • good luck! it went much better then I thought it would with Addie, I hear that from most moms. maybe we all just expect the worst!
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We took Luca's away about 6 months ago.  Honestly, I was dreading it..  I *knew* it was going to be hell...  However, it went much smoother than I had expected.  He cried a little the first night.  Whined a little the second and could have cared less by night 3...

• I wish I could take Gabriel's fingers away.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck! ?I hope it is a breeze.

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Good luck! Let us know how it goes....we would like to do this soon.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Good luck! 

Once in awhile I'm glad that O. refused the paci.  At least we'll never have to wean from it.  (Although something tells me weaning from the human paci is going to be even harder.  I can't box my nips up and leave them for the mailman.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • imagesomethingchangd:

Good luck! 

Once in awhile I'm glad that O. refused the paci.  At least we'll never have to wean from it.  (Although something tells me weaning from the human paci is going to be even harder.  I can't box my nips up and leave them for the mailman.)

This made me LOL!  I feel ya! 

Oh and good luck with T's first "no paci" night!!  I hope it goes well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely let me know how it goes.  We're aiming for 3 too.  We're trying to stop it at least for nap time which has been easy, but night time is hard when she sees the baby with a paci. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • I didn't get to wish you luck yesterday, but I hope all went well! 
  • I hope last night went okay!

• imageLisaK2b:
    Definitely let me know how it goes.  We're aiming for 3 too.  We're trying to stop it at least for nap time which has been easy, but night time is hard when she sees the baby with a paci. 

mathis doesn't take a paci. that actually made it hard bc we couldn't convince T that pacis are for babies.

but i think 3 is a good age bc there is the ability to reason and really have a conversation about it.

he cried a little but overall it went well. we expected him to wake up looking for it in the middle of the night, but he never did. so night 2 coming up and we are optimistic. 

• GL and I hope it all goes well!  I know it's too late but I saw on SuperNanny that they boxed it up and left it on the porch for the PaciFairy, the next morning the little girl had a ton of cute little things (stickers, pencils and things) from the fairy and I thought it was a great way to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"