Stay at Home Moms

Do you and DH go to bed/get up at the same time?

Before we had kids, DH and I both had to get up really early for work (I had a long commute and he just has and early start time).  Now that I SAH and don't have to get up until the girls do between 8:00 and 8:30, I almost always stay up later and sleep later than DH.  He has to get up at 5:30 for work so he goes to bed between 9:30 and 10:00 and I usually stay up until 11:00 or 11:30.  It's weird not going to bed at the same time anymore, although we still do on weekends of course.  Just curious if other SAHMs stay up/sleep in later than their DHs since they don't have to get up for work.  Obviously, it would depend a lot on your LOs schedule, too.

Re: Do you and DH go to bed/get up at the same time?

• No.  DH stays up later even though he gets up earlier!  He's up around 7 and comes to bed around midnight.  I head for bed around 10:30, fall asleep, and then wake up when he comes to bed of course, ugh! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I go to bed way earlier than DH.  On weekdays I'm in bed by 10pm.  I require way more sleep to function than he does.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope, DH goes to bed earlier and gets up earlier than I do due to work. Come fall that might not be the case though as my oldest will start school earlier.
  • we still go to bed at the same time, but b/c LO makes me tired, I sleep for an extra two hours every morning.  So it keeps me nice and refreshed. 
  • We go to bed at the same time, but DH wakes up about 1/2 hour - 1 hour earlier than I do........I need that extra 1/2 hour in the morning! LOL!

FWIW, all the kids go to bed between 6:30-7pm, and wake around 7:30am.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I stay up later (even when we are "going to bed together" somehow he manages to get in bed and asleep first) and unfortunately, seem to be getting up earlier too.  :o(  I am not a morning person.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JCMJCM member
    DH travels most weeks at least 3 nights per week sometimes more. When he's not traveling he works from home.  When he is home we usually go to bed at the same time and one of us gets up when DD wakes up, anywhere between 8 and 9:30 am.  If she wakes up after 9am we both get up if not he usually gets up with her and lets me sleep in.  He is such an awesome daddy and husband :-).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DH is a total night owl and can run off very little sleep.  He stays up until 1:00am most nights and is up with Emily around 8:00am.

I need like 12 hours of sleep every night and am NOT a morning person.  I can barely make it past 10pm most nights and DH wakes me up around 9:00am.

Around bedtime, we are like two ships, passing in the night.  :)  

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I'm up way later. He goes to work normally at 230am, so he's in bed around 8 or so. Sometimes I don't find myself going to bed until his alarm clock goes off to get up! It's just really nice to sit on the computer or watch tv without having to worry about DS needing me. And I also get a lot of things done at night I can't do during the day. Needless to say, DH wakes up well before I do lol. DS STTN until 730 or 8 so I just get up when he does
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelittlemermaid:
    I go to bed way earlier than DH.? On weekdays I'm in bed by 10pm.? I require way more sleep to function than he does.

This for us too. I go to bed at 10pm and DH will come to bed at around 11pm. On weekends I still go to bed at 10 and DH will stay up until 12 or 1. Up until a few days ago DS wasn't STTN so I was up all night with him. I may start going to bed later if I get to sleep at night!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• we're both night owls but dh stays up a little later than i do during the week.  but i'm the one who usually gets up earlier during the week to take care of ds because dh doesn't have to be at work until 9.
  • Go to bed, yes.

Get up, it varies. I'm always awake first because I have to get HIM out of bed. Don't get me started on the ridiculousness of having to throw a grown man out of bed. The boy I babysit gets here at 6:30, which is when I wake DH up. Before I babysat (and if DD slept in) I would go back to sleep after getting him up and get up with DD. On the weekends, DH sleeps until I throw him out of bed. He had the day off today and got up at 2. Yes, 2. I didn't wake him because I was enjoying the quiet time with the dvr. lol

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My husband travels most of the week, but when he is home we go to bed at different times and wake up together. I have always gone to bed early-usually around 9 and he comes in sometime between 10 and 11. When our son wakes up around 7:30, I usually go get a bottle and bring him to bed with us. If I take him downstairs, my husband usually gets up about 30 min. later.
  • Normally, I go to bed an hour or two before him.  DH is a night owl and only gets/needs 5 hours of sleep a night.  He's been this way the whole time I've known him.  For the last 6 weeks or so, I've been having major sleep issues and can't fall asleep, so I'm normally up until 1:00 or 2:00am.  So we've been going to bed around the same time lately.  The difference is that I need 7 hours, so I am so flipping exhausted it's ridiculous.

DH and I rarely sleep in bed together anymore because his snoring is so God awful it wakes me up and also because Ben stopped STTN 6 months ago.  We alternate mornings getting up with him, so whoever isn't on 'Ben patrol' usually sleeps on the couch so we're both not woken up in the middle of the night when he inevitably wakes up screaming (although, I still hear him when its not my night). 

Someday I'll get a full, uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep again.  Sigh.

• We both get up roughly at the same time, 6:30/7.

I usually go to bed about an hour before him. He likes to watch TV before he falls asleep and I like it dark and quiet. It gives me a head start on getting some shuteye.

• It varies.  Sometimes one of us will stay up later or we'll go to bed together.  Depends on what kind of day we had.
  • My DH's schedule just changed.  He works from 4am to 4:30pm.  This week we tried to all be in bed by 8pm, then he gets up between 2:30-3am and gets out the door at 3:30am. DS generally wakes up at 3:30-4:30am for a feeding and then we're back in bed until 6:45am.  Somehow, on the weekends, DS sleeps until 8ish and we all end up going to bed around 10:30pm.  Why he can't stay up until 10:30 on a work night is beyond me, but mommy would LOVE the extra hour of sleep!!!
  • These days my husband is usually in bed/going to sleep by 10.  I am tending to stay up a little later, until about 10:30, usually reading in bed.  It bugs him a little because the nightstand light is on but what can I do... he gets up at 5 to go to the gym before work and I don't get up until between 7 and 7:30 so, yes, our schedules are off a bit.  I feel lucky that I can consistently get 8-ish hours of sleep/night... (not for long, baby will be here in July).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Go to bed, usually at the same time. Wake up, not even close. DS sleeps until noon most days (he's a night owl like his parents and doesn't go down until around 11pm) so I don't go to bed until 2am most nights. DH goes to bed around then too, if not later, and he gets up around 9:30 for work. I'm a 10+ hour to function kinda person, while DH can get 7 and be absolutely fine. 
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No the only down time DH gets everyday is after I go to bed and he plays video games for a couple of hours. I go to bed about 9:00 and get up between 5-6 (today it was 4:45-sick kid) He goes to bed about 12:00 and gets up about 6:00-6:30.

On the weekends he sleeps in on Saturdays until about 10:00 and I sleep in on Sundays until about 8:00 but he takes the kids out for breakfast so I have the house to myself until about 9:30.

• We are pretty much on the same schedule as you are.;)
  • Go to bed at the same time, yes.  Unless he has been plowing at was out at 2am already then he'll go to bed early and I'll handle bedtime and go to bed when I'm ready.

With getting up in the morning, it totally depends on the time of year.  In the summer, most days he is up at 5:30am for work.  I don't do 5:30am, lol.  This time of year he sleeps until 8 or so and I get up not long after that.

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"