Northern California Babies

F*ck T&P needed...

My dad lost his job last night. He worked for Sun so he was one of those that got the axe by Oracle.

Last night was bad...for me and Tony and then for Jonathan so I am already overtired kind of emotional..But I feel so awful.

My parents couldnt sell their home in Los Altos Hills so they rented it...they cover the mortgage...but not all the taxs. Then they bought the place in Gilroy.

They have my lil bro and sis (the ones from Russia). My sister is a senior and my brother a sophmore at St. Francis.

My Dad is well into his 60's. The age most people have retired so he really has no shot of getting a new job that comes close to what he used to get paid. He looked a long time 4-5 yrs ago for this job at Sun...

And then we live here (insert HUGE guilt).

They are looking into all their insurance options today and finding out who actually did the firing so they know if he gets any severance...vacation etc...If its Oracle he gets nothing.

This house is just a ball of tension and I feel like I am cracking...I will write another post maybe about my and Tonys fight to get thoughts...but it all seems so lame now that I so worried about our living situatuin and my parents...I am terrified we will have to short sale our place...

And today I cant control the crying so I am trying to keep JLK busy yelling for food in her playkitchen to keep he distracted...

f*ck

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
br
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: F*ck T&P needed...

• Oh, Libby. I'm so sorry! That's a LOT of stuff you have on your shoulders. You know your family doesn't resent you living there, right?

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and your whole family. BIG hugs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, I'm so, so sorry!!! It's so very tough out there and especially at your dad's age, I really feel for him. And all of you now dealing with this financial situation. I'm sorry!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hope your's and everyone's tax return is very large this year. Have faith that things will work out. God obviously answers your prayers because you have two beautiful children. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • I'm sending tons of thoughts and prayers your way!!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • #$%^.  That sucks, Libby.  I'm so, so sorry.  I can't even imagine.  How awful.  I hope it works itself out... quick!

Sending you HUGE dust and thoughts and prayers and vibes!

H ;)

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so sorry! I hate when companies fire older people, they know they won't have a good chance of getting re-hired easily. It seems so cruel to me. Really really hoping there is some silver lining or some relief somewhere for you guys. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hugs and T&P! :(
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Sh!t.

I'm so sorry. I'll keep everything crossed hoping things work out one way or another. 

imageimage
  • Big hugs Libby!!!!! it will be ok!

• Thinking of you and your family. Sending lots of prayers and hugs that everything works out!

• I'm sorry.  thinking good thoughts for your family.
  • Damn. I am sorry, Libs. HUUUUUUUGE hugs!!
  • I'm really sorry Libby. I'm sure things will work out in the end for the better for you all.
  • I'm thinking of you and your WHOLE family right now Libs... XOXO
  • :( that sucks. I hope your Dad gets some severance, T&P to your family.
  • Hugs and good thoughts!
  • That IS a lot to have on your mind right now. Tons of T&P for you and your family. I really hope that your dad gets some type of severance.

• Aw, Libby. I am sorry to hear about this. I live in Santa Clara and if you need me to watch the little ones, please let me know.
  • Oh dear. :( Tons of thoughts and prayers coming your (and your family's) way!!!!!
    - Rene
  • imagesoon2Bkranz:

They are looking into all their insurance options today and finding out who actually did the firing so they know if he gets any severance...vacation etc...If its Oracle he gets nothing.

Libby, if he has any vacation time accrued, that has to be paid out by law, regardless of who made the decision to terminate.  I don't know if that helps any, but I wanted to let you know.

(((hugs)))

• I'm so sorry! ((hugs)) I'll be thinking of your family.

• (((HUGS))) Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
  • Big big hugs to you and your whole family.
  • Uggh...I am so so sorry, Lib. Last night Alex was telling me that some of his closest friends didn't get picked up and it in the middle of it, I remembered your dad worked there and shouted out "OMG, Libby's Dad". I fvcking hate this economy.

Sending lots of hugs, love, and thoughts to you and your whole family. 

Let me know if there is anything i can do to help. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry, that's awful. Please let me know if I can help in any way. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry.  Hugs, thoughts and prayers...
  • Oh Libby!  I am sorry you guys are going through all of this.  T and Ps for your family!
  • Oh Fvck!  Tons of thoughts for your whole family.  I hope that he gets some severance and a bit of extension on the family insurance coverage.  If they don't do insurance coverage they really should look at Healthy Families, I know that will seem insane to your parents but if all they have is his unemployment it can be based off of current earnings so I would think your siblings would qualify, it might be a way better option than Cobra for the entire family.  I know my COBRA as an individual was close to $600 so I'd be scared to see what it was like for family coverage.

Also, I don't mean this to sound harsh, but you may really want to re-think putting off calling your OB, all this extra stress is going to be rough.

• blah...this sucks!! I'm so sorry Libs...let me know if you need anything.  (((HUGS)))
  • Ugh, I'm so sorry!! Sending hugs and good thoughts- and let me know if there's anything else I can do.
  • I'm so sorry Libby. Big, huge hugs to you and your whole family. I hope that your dad does get some severence. The real estate market in the Los Altos/Mountain View/Palo Alto area does seem to be picking up again so maybe it's worth talking to a realtor to see if they think they could sell?
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lots of good thoughts heading to you and your family.  (((hugs)))
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • imagetri_bride05:
    I'm so sorry Libby. Big, huge hugs to you and your whole family. I hope that your dad does get some severence. The real estate market in the Los Altos/Mountain View/Palo Alto area does seem to be picking up again so maybe it's worth talking to a realtor to see if they think they could sell?

First call my mom made this morning!

br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • :(  More good thoughts to you and your family.  (((HUGS)))
  • Libby, I know exactly how you're feeling. In the past year and a half DH was laid off, my parents started helping us with money, we had baby #2, my dad was diagnosed with 2 types of cancers and went through radiation treatments, then he was laid off, I had to go back to work full time rather than part time like planned, and was diagnosed with ppd. It's been tough. Email me if you want to chat aubreyrh at yahoo.

• Lots of thoughts & prayers heading your way!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"