3rd Trimester
Options

bummed out.. should i be?

So I have been pretty bummed out all week and i just cant seem to let it go. Am i just being over emotional about this all? When i first moved back to where i live now, a close friend asked if she and one other mutual friend could throw me my baby shower when the time came. Since shes the closest friend i have here (my best friend lives across the country now) i was thrilled and of course said yes. My first is 6 years old and i was only 18 when pregnant with her and my mom threw me a little baby shower which consisted of just family and family friends- none of mine showed up. I was pretty upset and really looking forward to having a fun baby shower with all my friends this time around. Especially considering how my first was, and the fact that we didnt think we would ever get pregnant again after 4 years of infertility. Well back to my story... i asked her earlier this week when we were going to have the shower since im being asked by other friends and she tells me "oh we are not going to do it anymore". i didnt really say much in return since i was pretty upset. later i confronted her about it and she said she didnt think i wanted to have one anymore. what gave her that idea is beyond me. then later that day she asks if i want to go to the mall and talk about the shower. im so confused and i feel like she is only doing it now (if thats even the case) because i was so upset about her suddenly not doing it. I know that i dont have to have one, but i was really looking forward to it, and now i dont know whether to throw myself one (is that even ok) or have her throw me a pitty one (id rather not) or feel like an idiot asking another friend to throw me one last minute (especially since they dont even have kids themselves and are still enjoying the party and single life.)

i dont know, what do you ladies think? 

Re: bummed out.. should i be?

• Options

I would be pretty bummed out if I thought I was having a shower and then it was canceled.

I am really sorry. 

Don't throw yourself one though.  If you wanted to, you could have a get together at your house after the baby comes if you want your family and friends to celebrate with you and meet the baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Options
    That really sucks, I would be bummed too. Maybe when your other friends ask you can tell them that you had a friend who was going to throw you one but she decided not too. Then it might drop the hint to them to throw one for you.
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageOregonPachey:

I would be pretty bummed out if I thought I was having a shower and then it was canceled.

I am really sorry. 

Don't throw yourself one though.  If you wanted to, you could have a get together at your house after the baby comes if you want your family and friends to celebrate with you and meet the baby.

Yup yup yup.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry, that does suck. I would be pretty bummed too since you thought that you were getting a shower. Although, I would definitely not throw myself one, that's tacky IMO. Like others have said you can throw a meet the baby party once LO arrives to celebrate with friends and family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"