Northern California Babies

Please tell me about your DSLR Camera

DH is getting me a DSLR camera for our Anniversary!  Yeah!  I'm so excited.  I love photography, however, I have had my manual camera in storage since I moved up here.  Can't wait to capture my little one and my beautiful suroundings!!

Please tell me about your camera.  Nikon? Sony? Etc.  What do you like about it?  What should I look for?  Any recommendation for purchasing resources and where I should purchase?  Thank you!

Re: Please tell me about your DSLR Camera

• I have a canon... but I grew up with a Dad that's a Canon lover.

I haven't held the sony's but I'm intrigued. If I were deciding to purchase my first DSLR today I would check them out... new to the market, but apparently more user friendly!?

• I have a Nikon D90. I love it. I think one of the best features is that it's one of the only DSLRs that also does video. So, if Eve is doing something super cute that would be better as video than a photo, I can quickly switch between the two.

I got mine at Costco. It was a bundle with two lenses and a case.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • I also have a Canon, i have the Rebel T1i, like the Nikon D90, it can take HD video. 

I went with Cannon b/c my BIL also has a Canon and we can share lenses.

be warned of the addiction. now i need new lenses and will be purchasing Adobe Lightroom soon.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • I have a Canon Rebel and love it. Some key things in selecting Canon for me was how light it was in my hands, and the price points of the lenses. Once you get the camera down, I wanted to get some different lenses to get the look I wanted and they are much lower priced than the Nikon ones. The new XSi Rebel has a really big screen in the back which is nice too, and they are user friendly.
  • I'm affraid I will get addicted.  I grew up with camera buffs and have inherited quite a few cameras, now it's time to update.  In college I actually photographed a few weedings and wee ones.  Looking fwd to getting back into it.  Will miss the dark room though.  That is so relaxing.  Guess I'll have to get into Photoshop or something.
  • I have always used Nikons and Pentax cameras....so I have the Nikon D3000 and I absolutely love it.  It is light weight for the DSLRs and takes great pictures.  I too am into photography (even though I am not very good with digital...still getting used to it and photo editing etc) and this camera appealed to me greatly because it can go "fully" manual (as fully as a digital camera can).  I have been playing with it a lot in taking pictures of EJ. ;) 
    Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have a Canon 50D. I like the feel of Canon to Nikon, but then again I've only ever shot Canon, so I'm really used to/partial to those controls.

I started off w/ a Digital Rebel and it was very good to me for a long time. However, I started pushing my needs a lot (for example wanted something that had better performance in lower-light situations), so I upgraded to the 50D.

Now I'm coveting the Canon 5D Mark II. It also has sweeeet video capability. Not that I'm getting it for the video, but yeah, I'd use it :)

• I have a Canon DSLR...I ilooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove mine!!!

I just got a new lense too. :-P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"