Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Missed Miscarriage #2

u/s today showed growth at 6w and no heartbeat, I'm supposed to be 8w4d.  I had a missed miscarriage in September.  Dr. is going to give me another u/s a week from today just to confirm but since I'm certain of O date they are not optimistic.  He said he is going to refer me to an RE for testing, once a missed miscarriage is diagnosed.  Do you know what kind of testing I should expect?  Or what is your experience with your RE in general?  TIA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Missed Miscarriage #2

• Options
    I don't have any experience with an RE, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your losses.  I hope you get some answers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope you get some answers with your RE visit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi, I'm so sorry you have to go through this.  I just had my second missed miscarriage in a row.  I went to speak with a RE earlier this week and first they took blood from both me and my husband to test to see if there is anything wrong with genetics.  They also have to keep checking my hcg levels to make sure they return to 0.  After they reach 0, they will schedule me for an appointment at least 6 weeks out on day 3 of my cycle for all sorts of things including thyroid and Factor V I believe it was. There was a list of them but I'm not sure exactly what they are.  If you google recurrent pregnant loss test Thrombophilia they will list those.  10-12 days after I ovulate they will do an endrometrial biopsy, I believe to test to make sure your lining is strong enough to support a pregnancy and or to test for a luteal phase defect.  The last thing they will do is a Hysteroscopy to make sure the uterus shape is normal and there is no scarring(this will be done between day 5-12 of my cycle).  I hope I didn't miss anything, I just went this past Monday so it's sort of fresh in my mind.  They will go over your history though and see what tests are right for you.  In my case, she does not believe she is going to find anything wrong and thinks I just had bad luck twice! I do have one child already and my missed miscarriages were considered so different(even though I felt they were pretty similar) I wish you the best of luck.!!

• Options
    imagetysmom71:

Hi, I'm so sorry you have to go through this.  I just had my second missed miscarriage in a row.  I went to speak with a RE earlier this week and first they took blood from both me and my husband to test to see if there is anything wrong with genetics.  They also have to keep checking my hcg levels to make sure they return to 0.  After they reach 0, they will schedule me for an appointment at least 6 weeks out on day 3 of my cycle for all sorts of things including thyroid and Factor V I believe it was. There was a list of them but I'm not sure exactly what they are.  If you google recurrent pregnant loss test Thrombophilia they will list those.  10-12 days after I ovulate they will do an endrometrial biopsy, I believe to test to make sure your lining is strong enough to support a pregnancy and or to test for a luteal phase defect.  The last thing they will do is a Hysteroscopy to make sure the uterus shape is normal and there is no scarring(this will be done between day 5-12 of my cycle).  I hope I didn't miss anything, I just went this past Monday so it's sort of fresh in my mind.  They will go over your history though and see what tests are right for you.  In my case, she does not believe she is going to find anything wrong and thinks I just had bad luck twice! I do have one child already and my missed miscarriages were considered so different(even though I felt they were pretty similar) I wish you the best of luck.!!

I'm sorry for your losses.  Thanks for all the info.  I live in Waltham so it looks like we are in the same general area.  Do you mind me asking where you go for your RE?  I think my OB is going to refer me to Boston IVF.  Do you know if your insurance covers all the tests or any portion of it?  I just can't believe all the testing and most times they still don't find anything to explain why.  Why were your missed miscarriages considered so different?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageHalleyGirl:
    imagetysmom71:

I'm sorry for your losses.  Thanks for all the info.  I live in Waltham so it looks like we are in the same general area.  Do you mind me asking where you go for your RE?  I think my OB is going to refer me to Boston IVF.  Do you know if your insurance covers all the tests or any portion of it?  I just can't believe all the testing and most times they still don't find anything to explain why.  Why were your missed miscarriages considered so different?

Yes, I actually went to Dr. Fox at Brigham and Women's, she was great and I know a couple of other people have gone to her and loved her.  My insurance does cover all the testing, I have Blue Cross.  Right, she asked me if I wanted to go through all of the testing because she is almost positive she will not find anything but wanted to do it for peace of mind.  Well my first missed miscarried, I started spotting at 10.5 weeks, I went in and on the ultrasound they showed the baby never developed past 6 weeks and no heart activity was ever found.  The 2nd I actually saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks but then started spotting the day before i hit 12 weeks, ultrasound showed she never developed past 8 weeks.  The 2nd one had testing done and found that it had (what both doctors say to be the most common) turner's syndrome(when they are missing the X chromosome) and that doesn't really happen twice in a row.  That is why she said they were so different, even though it seemed the same to me.  She said those couple of weeks makes a huge difference when you're that early on.  I hope this helps you and if you have any other questions please let me know.  Good Luck!

• Options
    My RE recently sent me for bloodwork to check all my hormone levels and to make sure to see if I had any issues we should address before my next pregnancy. The lab took 17 vials.  She is also doing a saline ultrasound.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    so sorry for your losses.. (((HUGS)))
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 2# 7/5/09,EDD:3/26/10,MC:9/23/09. We Miss our Lucky Charm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"