Two Under 2
Options

2u2: buy another crib?

or try and convert #1 into toddler bed before #2 arrives?

Re: 2u2: buy another crib?

• Options

Disclaimer:  I do not have 2u2.  My girls are 26 mo apart and DD2 will be 28 mo when #3 arrives.

I think it depends on the personality of #1.  It is easy to say to buy another crib, end of story.  For my DD2, she slept horrible in the crib (seriously, did not STTN until we got her twin at 20 mo).  I was not going to push her to move into the bunk beds, but she wanted to - end of story.  Just like I do not tell every Mom of 2 to get a double stroller, DD1 hated it.  It all depends on the temperment of your first born.

• Options

My little girl wasn't ready for a toddler bed when #2 came - so we let her use the crib and I did co-sleeping and used a pack-n-play in our room. We have a smaller town home so we couldn't do 2 cribs. Once our little guy was like 2-3 months we got our 1st a "big girl" bed. Ikea has small,cute & cheap ones!!! 

One the weekends our 1st would sleep on the floor with Daddy since I was co-sleeping we didn't want to make her feel left out so we had sleep over parties in our room with Dora sleeping bag. I used the sleeping bag for naps & other quite times when I was bfing she would know to play on her quite time sleeping bag!

Hope I could help ; )  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural Miscarriage 2006

BFP March 19th! - Due Date11/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well DD will be 20 months when #2 arrives and i figure about 2-3 months of sleeping in a cradle in our room before going to own room upstairs....
  • Options

I plan on keeping DD1 in her crib as long as possible. Sleep "experts" say it's best not to move them to a regular bed/toddler bed until age 3 (for sleep reasons). And really, the last thing I want to deal with when I'm already getting up at night with DD2 is a toddler running around the house because she doesn't want to go to sleep and can get out of her bed!

LOL. So that answers your question.. I say get a second crib :)  But I definitely think it depends on your older child. Mine fights sleep and has always been a horrible sleeper (she barely STTN now) so I didn't want to mess with that. A good friend of mine moved her DD at 22 months, 2 months before her DS was born, to a full sized bed and her DD took it all in stride and continued sleeping well. In face, she didn't even realize she wasn't in a crib! LOL. She hasn't figured out yet that she could limb down if she wanted to ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    imagebim38106:

I plan on keeping DD1 in her crib as long as possible. And really, the last thing I want to deal with when I'm already getting up at night with DD2 is a toddler running around the house because she doesn't want to go to sleep and can get out of her bed!

LOL. So that answers your question.. I say get a second crib :)  But I definitely think it depends on your older child. Mine fights sleep and has always been a horrible sleeper (she barely STTN now) so I didn't want to mess with that.

This exactly.

• Options
    DS is 22 months old and we decided to keep him in his crib and buy a 2nd one for DD. Both cribs are convertible for when they do transition to toddler beds. We decided to keep DS in his crib because 1) he's really active and I dont think he'd stay in bed at this point, and 2) ?I didnt want to do it too early and doing it close to DDs arrival seemed like too much change all at once. We'll probably keep him in his crib for a few more months, at least.?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

17 months apart here.

Buying a cheap second crib was some of the best $$ we spent.

It was very helpful to know exactly where the toddler was and that he was safe while tending to the baby.  

We moved him at 28 months when he started trying to climb out of the crib.

You can always sell a crib and get at least half of your $$ back out of it.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    We have 2 convertible cribs, glad we did it that way, DS is still in his crib!
  • Options
    DS was in his PNP for a loooong time.  We're going to start off with not buying another crib since DC2 will be in our room for a while and then can still sleep in the pnp when they're in their room.  Once DS is ready for a bed DC2 will go in his crib.  Now this might all change after DC2 arrives - but that's our plan for now.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We just bought our second crib (DS2 has been in a cosleeper until now).

I went based on other moms' advice to keep them in a crib as long as possible.  DS1 is still fine in his crib and not even close to being able to (or trying to) climb out.

Plus we have 2 convertible cribs, so when DS1 is ready for his toddler bed we will buy the toddler rails that go with his bed. 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I had planned on two cribs, but DS would not sleep in his crib AT ALL around 16 months. He's done much better in his toddler bed (though he still doesn't sttn)...
    Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • Options
    imagebim38106:

I plan on keeping DD1 in her crib as long as possible. Sleep "experts" say it's best not to move them to a regular bed/toddler bed until age 3 (for sleep reasons). And really, the last thing I want to deal with when I'm already getting up at night with DD2 is a toddler running around the house because she doesn't want to go to sleep and can get out of her bed!

this. DS is a good sleeper in his crib and I don't want to mess with that.  Plus, his crib converts to a toddler bed so we just got the same crib for #2.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We moved DD#1 to a twin bed a month before DD#2 was born.  It has worked out great and I'm glad I didn't spend extra money on another crib.  DD#1 was 17 mo. when we moved her.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"