Alabama Babies
Options

Ugh...accidents happen but it sucks when someone else 'caused' it!

I just need to vent and get some reassurance that he's okay...

So Robinson and I went over to my grandmother's house this morning to spend the day with her.  I was bringing in his diaper bag and toys when I noticed that he had a miniature snow globe in his hands.  I went to take it from him and my grandmother scolded me in a perfect southern granny tone saying "leave him be; I gave him that to play with- it's just plastic".  I remarked that it didn't look plastic but refused to argue with her.

Fast forward to 5 minutes later...Robinson trips on her rug and falls on the kitchen floor and of course the d@mn thing shatters into a 100 pieces on the floor.  I run over and pick him up.  He had 2 little pieces of glass in the hand he was holding the stupid thing, but other than that I couldn't really see anything.  I stripped him down and changed his clothes.  We also came home and rinsed off in the shower- just to be safe.

Of course the neurotic 1st time mom in me is terrified that he somehow swallowed a piece but there was no blood or any visible signs of anything around his mouth.  I called the doctor's office and the nurse said everything should be fine but worst case scenario, just watch for him spitting up blood.

My grandmother of course was crying and feels awful-  and for once, I bit my tongue and didn't say what I wanted to say b/c I knew she felt badly.  But GEEZ....WTH woman!!  That is NOT an appropriate toy!!

Re: Ugh...accidents happen but it sucks when someone else 'caused' it!

• Options
    I'm glad Robinson is ok.  I think it may be the way the older generation thinks.  I have seen my grandmother give my niece things to play with and I am thinking I would never give my child that to play with.  I was raised not to talk back to my elders so I hate to argue with them over it.........even though I want to sometimes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh man, things like that are so scary.  It could have been way worse.  I'm glad he is okay.  Hopefully, now that this happened your grandmother will realize that "Mommy knows best"! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so glad he's ok, I know you were worried!  It sucks that it happened though.  Like Monica said, maybe she will see, I know she feels bad too!
  • Options

I'm glad he's ok and I'm sure your grandmother feels awful, but I guess now (unfortunately) she knows that you may know better!!! 

Hugs to you both!!!

• Options
    I'm glad he's okay.  I know she feels bad and like everyone else said let's hope she sees that you know best now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"