Pregnant after 35
Options

Anyone else with less than 6 wks to go no have a crib or car seat???

I'm so stressed about all of this!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else with less than 6 wks to go no have a crib or car seat???

• Options

I have more time than you, but I still have to order the crib which takes 4-6 weeks. I better get moving too.

Try not to get stressed out, it will work out.

• Options
    i own them both, but they are both in storage.  Well, except for the crib mattress which Luke is still sleeping on!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Shannon, we're both due at almost exactly the same time.  And yes, I am freaking out about not yet being prepared.  We have a crib (in a box in the dining room while dh paints the baby's room and contractors work on the basement), but no carseat, PNP, or diapers yet.  I just changed our BRU registry due date to 2/14 (will probably freak out family and friends, but I've already had my one shower) in hopes of getting the completion coupon sooner.

My only advice - walmart.com was cheapest on the crib (97 cent shipping) and likely would be cheapest on necessities like car seats also, so just order from there if you have to.  Our crib seriously came in like 3 days.

But yes, I understand freaking out.  I've been holding off on ordering things (1) because I don't want to add to the "mound" of hand-me-down baby stuff we have in the basement until baby's room gets painted and I have someplace to organize it; and (2) waiting for the completion discount coupon.  But on 2, I think I just need to research what registry items are cheaper at walmart.com (we're already ordering a changing table and mattress from there) and put in an order.  And suck it up and buy some diapers, even though the household budget is always tight.  (I keep waiting to get to the end of a month where it's not so tight, but that's never gonna happen.)

You're not alone!!

• Options
    imageSunsh1ne:

Shannon, we're both due at almost exactly the same time.  And yes, I am freaking out about not yet being prepared.  We have a crib (in a box in the dining room while dh paints the baby's room and contractors work on the basement), but no carseat, PNP, or diapers yet.  I just changed our BRU registry due date to 2/14 (will probably freak out family and friends, but I've already had my one shower) in hopes of getting the completion coupon sooner.

My only advice - walmart.com was cheapest on the crib (97 cent shipping) and likely would be cheapest on necessities like car seats also, so just order from there if you have to.  Our crib seriously came in like 3 days.

But yes, I understand freaking out.  I've been holding off on ordering things (1) because I don't want to add to the "mound" of hand-me-down baby stuff we have in the basement until baby's room gets painted and I have someplace to organize it; and (2) waiting for the completion discount coupon.  But on 2, I think I just need to research what registry items are cheaper at walmart.com (we're already ordering a changing table and mattress from there) and put in an order.  And suck it up and buy some diapers, even though the household budget is always tight.  (I keep waiting to get to the end of a month where it's not so tight, but that's never gonna happen.)

You're not alone!!

I'm glad I'm not alone!  As I wrote in my other posts about this stuff we are waiting for DH's mom and sister to come through.  I'm tired of waiting.  DH doesn't think it's a big deal and it much more relaxed about this than I am.  he thinks everything is ok and I just shouldn't worry.  Easy for him to say.  He is going to call his mom tonight so we will see what happens from there.  I think he is afraid to hurt anyone's feelings.

Right now, the only feelings I care about are mine. LOL.

Yep, we need to get a pack of diapers and some wipes.  That WILL happen this weekend.  If we had Logan right now we would be SOL!!

• Options

If it's any consolation, I got back from the Middle East a week ago today, and had NOTHING done. Between Friday and Monday, we pulled it all together. The only thing we're waiting for now is the crib, which is somewhere between California and New York, with UPS planning to deliver it on Monday.

Once we set to work, it went awfully quickly. It will for you too! Good Luck!

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Options

imageShannonL.K:
    I'm so stressed about all of this!!!

How about this for "consolation"...?...DH and I are Jewish and it's tradition to NOT do or BUY ANYTHING prior to the birth. So...we've done nothing and gotten nothing. All we did is start a registry so that people know what we need/want when I get to the hospital.

Hope that made you feel a little better. Wink

• Options
    imageShannonL.K:
    imageSunsh1ne:

I'm glad I'm not alone!  As I wrote in my other posts about this stuff we are waiting for DH's mom and sister to come through.  I'm tired of waiting.  DH doesn't think it's a big deal and it much more relaxed about this than I am.  he thinks everything is ok and I just shouldn't worry.  Easy for him to say.  He is going to call his mom tonight so we will see what happens from there.  I think he is afraid to hurt anyone's feelings.

If I were you, I'd just move on the crib and travel system.  There are a TON of baby gifts his mom and sister can get for you if they're dragging their feet.  It's nice of them to offer, but I think you just need to get what you need to have peace of mind.  Your dh doesn't have to be mean: "Mom, I wanted to let you know that we went ahead and ordered the crib because we're getting anxious about having the immediate needs (crib, carseat, PNP, diapers) ready.  We really appreciate your generosity and as you can imagine, there are a ton of other fun things LO will need, so we know you'll be able to pick something else out for LO.  We know you understand."

• Options
    imageSunsh1ne:
    imageShannonL.K:
    imageSunsh1ne:

If I were you, I'd just move on the crib and travel system.  There are a TON of baby gifts his mom and sister can get for you if they're dragging their feet.  It's nice of them to offer, but I think you just need to get what you need to have peace of mind.  Your dh doesn't have to be mean: "Mom, I wanted to let you know that we went ahead and ordered the crib because we're getting anxious about having the immediate needs (crib, carseat, PNP, diapers) ready.  We really appreciate your generosity and as you can imagine, there are a ton of other fun things LO will need, so we know you'll be able to pick something else out for LO.  We know you understand."

Will you call her? LOL

He is supposed to talk to her tonight.  I will be able to hear the conversation so if I don't like what I hear getting them on our own is exactly what we are going to do.

Thanks!

• Options

Don't stress, Shannon.  You don't *really* need a crib right away.  Baby can sleep in a bassinet or PNP in the beginning.  We didn't get our crib until S was a couple of weeks old because we couldn't find one we liked:)

The car seat, on the other hand, definitely get that.  If you don't want to shell out for a whole travel system, just get a car seat.  You can get a stroller after baby's born.  Lots of them work with an infant seat.

• Options
    I would get the carseat straight away.  Claire surprised us on January 14, when she wasn't due until February 14.  We had our carseat for about a week lol.  We don't have our crib put together, we use a bassinet/PP in our room.
  • Options
    I'm 36w1d and we have everything except the crib, mattress and a baby bath.  We're not getting a changing table but going to be using an existing table for this.  Got a handmedown carseat from sister in law.  Probably won't have time to go looking for a crib for 2 more weeks yet, I know I'm pushing it...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"