D.C. Area Babies

Really, Target??

I had two duplicate gifts from DD's bday party to return to Target this morning.  I had a gift receipt for one, and no receipt for the other.  I figured I would just get store credit for both and be done with it.  Ha.

They gave me store credit for the one that came with a receipt.  The other one, well, that was quite interesting.  They printed out what I thought was store credit, but the woman said "You have until the end of today to use this to buy something from the same aisle in the toy dept that the original toy came from, or you forfeit your credit."  WTF?  I said "I can't just get a store credit for the amount?"  She said "Nope."  And she acted like I was doing something wrong.  

I went to the aisle that her original gift came from, and it was $18.89.  The receipt she had given me for my "12 hour only store credit" was for $14.99.  I found a toy for $14.99, brought it to her, and told her that the toy was marked $18.89.  She said "We are giving you the lowest price it has sold for in the last year."  Ok, I kind of get that, but I really thought most retail places gave you store credit in the same amount it was currently on sale for.  Guess not.  And I'll never know why I only had 12 hours to use it and it had to be from the same aisle.  Weird. 

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!

Re: Really, Target??

• OK, VERY weird. I really have nothing else to say...that's just the oddest thing I've ever heard!

Photobucket
  • how weird! Target and all stores have gotten worse and worse with their return policies IMO. I understand it's a business decision but it still sux IMO
  • Loading the player...
  • Which location was that?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That is bizarre. I love Target in many ways, but their return policy sucks.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've heard that their return policies have only gotten worse over time, but the 12-hour/same aisle limit is just bizarre.
    imageimageimage
  • It was the Target in 7 Corners.  I've been shopping there for years and have never heard of such a thing.  It was so weird, and the customer service lady acted like she was doing me a favor.  I would have asked to speak with a manager to at least find out why they were giving me such crazy limitations, but there were other people in line and I didn't want to be 'that' person.
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Not that weird - Walmart wouldn't even give us the time of day when we tried to return a gift that we knew came from there, but for which we didn't have the receipt. 
  • Target's return policy just seems to get worse and worse. I don't even bothering trying anymore, its just crazy. I'm surprised at Walmart though, usually they will take anything and just give you a store credit for the lowest selling price.
  • It's ridiculous, isn't it?  I didn't even bother telling people we registered there, I just did it to get the discount at the end for the few things we put on there.  My FSIL is planning her wedding now and I told her not to register there b/c it's such a nightmare if people don't give you receipts!
  • Typical target, they suck! Next time return to Walmart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"