High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In***Thursday

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

This thread is for any and all mamas on bedrest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby! We all know how hard bedrest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day!

Name - Karen

Due Date - 3/18, now set to be induced somewhere around 3/10

Date Placed on Bedrest -1/12 (31 weeks) at home

Type - Strict Bed rest at home

Why ? Extreme Low lying placenta

Question of the Day - Since there are quite a few new people I thought something a little non-PG related would be fun. Since we all have so much time on our hands: What are some of your favorite movies; favorite books; anything else you do to occupy your time while on bedrest?

Answer - Movies: Steel Magnolias, Notebook, Family Stone;  Ever After, Princess Bride

Books: All books by Jennifer Lancaster (highly recommend); Sophie Kinsella; Gone with the Wind; Jenny McCarthy has a couple of baby books that were pretty funny.

Other activities - I have been trying to finish my 1 & 2nd year photo albums for my DD...I got pretty far behind on putting pictures in the albums and labeling everything and she really loves to look at all the pictures now - so I want to finish these up. Also play lots of games on my computer.

Update: Had to go the hospital this morning to get my blood typed and go back this afternoon for my Rhogram shot (I am A- blood type). Other then that nothing new or exciting to report! Hope everyone is doing good this morning!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In***Thursday

• no idea why i have the funky format crap at the top...can't seem to make it go away...SORRY!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Name - Summer

Due Date - 6/13

Date Placed on Bedrest -1/22 (19 weeks 5 days)

Type - Bed rest at home for now

Why ? baby has hyperechoic bowel, low fliud, etc

Question of the Day - Since there are quite a few new people I thought something a little non-PG related would be fun. Since we all have so much time on our hands: What are some of your favorite movies; favorite books; anything else you do to occupy your time while on bedrest?

Answer - Movies: taken, interview with the vampire, captain ron, robin hood:men in tights, grand turino, etc. i have too many to list

Books: Ive been slacking with booksEmbarrassed.. but if anyone has great books to read im willing to check them out.

Other activities -  Since I live with a man who like to play video games ive been playing mario brother on the wii. getting online, dieing because I cant clean and I want to soo bad. too sad i know.

Update:  i got reassuring news yesterday.. the problems that may be the cause of HB the high risk doctor indicated he thinks are not the case. espeically with the tests theyve done already and alongside with my family med. history. I just dont know if my doctor will keep me on bed rest. She may in which if its by the next appointment im not going to be happy.. thats in 2 months. Lets just see what happens tomorrow and find out the results of some tests done. Please have more fluid!!!!! O! and my son is doing great now! he was measuring a week behind which made my doc concerned.. well hes grown so much already in the past week so that makes me happy. whot! i hope everyone else is doing great.

• Loading the player...
  • Name - Shannon

Due Date - 5/25 (full term), goals are: 24w, 28w, 32w

Date Placed on Bedrest -1/12 (been on hosp BR since 1/26)

Type - Strict Bed rest at Hopsital

Why ? Incompitent Cervix (dilation) & preterm labor

Answer - Movies: I'm a total slacker...been watching peoples court, etc on hosp tv....flipping channels....blah....

Books:  Even more of a slacker on the books...trying to start some new baby books.

Other activities - the bump and fb keep me busy for the little time that I sit half way up...naps

Update: Had been on home bedrest and came to dr appt tuesdsay for cervix check...was further dilated with ballooning membranes...was then readmitted for hosp bedrest until baby comes.  plan is meds to prevent contractions, prometrium and daily baby HB & Contraction monitor hookup.  Steroid shots will be sunday & monday dr said...  hoping to be here for a good looooong while before baby arrives.  Neonatologist (sp?) will be here to chat with DH and I this afternoon to let us know what we can expect with possible premature baby...  trying to hang in there.  good luck to everyone.

• Name -Lauren

Due Date - 3/23

Date Placed on Bedrest -modified for all 1st tri-16 weeks, strict began 1/4

Type - Strict Bed rest at Hopsital

Why ? IUGR

Answer - Movies: I like sappy girl movies/comedies and indy type movies: The Notebook, Garden State, Anything w/ Will Ferrall, Movies I've watched lately that were good/decent: Extract, Away We Go, Defiance

Books:  I like anything by Jodi Picoult, I like Nicholas Sparks when Im in the mood for a quick, easy, doesnt require any thinking kind of book, I also like some Christian literature: I am currently reading The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller and I would highly recommend it!

Other activities - the bump, fb, random websites/blogs, knitting, sudoku/word searches, watching tv shows on netflix :-)

Update:I've had an okay day but I got some really sad news (not medically related) My older sister who was going to be my doula just found out that if I end up being induced next week she wont be able to be here :-( Her DH is finishing up his PhD and has been traveling around for job interviews--we he just got a last minute interview out of town for next Fri. and he will be leaving for it on Thurs. and since she is already 8 hours away from me there is no way she could come (esp. since she has 3 kids under age 5 of her own) she promised that if I do end up being induced that her and DH will drive down 1st thing when he gets back and that she will be able to stay as long as I need her (which in reality since I will probably be having a c-section I will need more help after the baby is here vs. during actual delivery) but I am just super super bummed--other than DH my sister is my biggest support person, and I was really excited to have her here and it really helped calm my nerves to know that when DH has to go w/ the baby after the c-section I will at least have her to stay with me..now I need to kind of scramble and figure out who I will want to stay w/ me in recovery while DH is with little buddy in the NICU--I totally understand her situation and I know she feels badly she cant be here (she cried when she had to tell me) but yea I am just bummed but at least I know in advance so I can start figuring out who I will ask to be there Crying

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Name - Becca

Due Date - 4/21... hoping to make it to mid-March

Date Placed on Bedrest -12/18 at 22w1d

Why ? short cervix

Answer

Movies: My #1 favorite of all time is When Harry Met Sally.  I also like The Money Pit, Trading Places, and Coming to America.  They are all good for a laugh.  More modern movies (my husband asks if I watch anything made after 1990) that I like are The Devil Wears Prada, I saw It's Complicated and that was good.  I also like Juno, and Lars and the Real Girl

Books: Right now I am reading a bunch of books by Mary Kay Andrews.  They all have happy endings, which I like right now.  When I don't have pregnancy brain I like Jane Austen, but now I just like chick lit.  I also have read all the books by Marian Keyes, Elinor Lipman, Emily Giffin, and most by Jane Green (although she is starting to annoy me).

I also watch TV, like Food Network, Will & Grace re-runs on Lifetime, and old 90210s.

I talk on the phone with friends and family, have lots of visitors, and go online a lot.

Update -  I had my 28 week growth scan today.  The boys are a little smaller than I'd like them, but the OB said they were fine, and since they are growing at the same rate (as each other) that is good news.  But it does explain why I look small-- they're small!

The best news was that my cervix is up 1 cm from a week ago.  I feel so much more at ease knowing there is a little more length there.  It doesn't change the fact that I'm still stuck in bed, but at least I don't have the feeling that labor is imminent.  

I felt so good that I went and ordered bedding for the nursery!  And my mother-in-law called and has gotten them a double stroller, which we will be able to use for years.  So, every time there is good news it makes things seem more real.  8 more weeks until the babies are allowed to be here!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine will be quick. In labor!

BrittAny Nicole
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Name - Michelle

Due Date - 4/20

Date Placed on Bedrest -at 14wks

Type - Modified bedrest

Why ? herniated disks in back/now contractions

Answer -  Movies...well, not a huge movie person.  I like war movies or action...anything but comedy!

Books...I'll read anything.  I've read lots of baby books lately and love books by J.D.Robb, Sophie Kinsella, Christine Feehan...any romance & and also love history and biograhies

Other...I bump, fb, surf the web, shop online for baby stuff, talk on the phone, cuddle with my dogs..

Update- Nothing for today.  Had 6 contractions in 45min last night then, bam, nothing.  I was freakin out for a bit and as soon as I voiced my concern to DH they stopped.  Could it be because he leaned close to my belly and asked Livy to give Mama a break?  WTH?  Pretty funny once I realized we didn't need to head in. 

And....I have a baby shower this weekend!  It's at my Moms and I can go since DH is taking me and I'll be able to sit the whole time.  I'm a little nervous that I'll get contractions or my back will be really bad, but hoping it goes well.  I can't wait to see everyone!  And get out of the house! 

Shannon..T&P's to you.  Sounds like you are in a tough situation and I hope that things stay chill for you and the shots work well.

Lauren...I'm really sorry about your sis.  Let's hope Little Buddy did some big growing and you can keep him cookin a little longer and your sis can make it.  But it will be great to have her there after too!  When do you get your next Little Buddy update?

• Name - Stephanie

Due Date - 4/20

Date Placed on Bedrest -at 22 weeks at home then hospital bedrest starting 1/26

Type - Modified bedrest/now hospital bedrest

Why ?

Answer -  Movies.My fav is a league of their own and chic flicks.

..Books.. i ahve some baby books and magazines

.Other...I bump, fb, surf the web, shop online for baby stuff, talk on the phone,

Update-  today has been eventful.  my cervix is still 21 and funneling but that is no change from when i gto to the hosptial so the doc saif at this point is a good sign.  They took me off the mag and started procardia.  IF that works i am so blessed to be offered a special spot at this place called "a mothers house.  It is a set of 4 apartments on the hospital campus.  I live about a hour from hosptial.  I get my own apartment, nurse care, tranportation to all my appoointments, but would have my own place and can have dh and dd visit and even spend the night,  The other wonderful this is this is free, it is grant funded.  I feel very blessed to not hav to be in hospital but still get extra care. So fingers crossed it all works out. I am having some cramping tonight but the nurse said that was normal for trips. 
    Hope all you girls are well.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Name - Jennifer

Due Date - 4/16

Date Placed on Bedrest - 12/31 @ 25 weeks

Why ? hypertension; pre-e risk

Answer -

Movies:  "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" and "Dirty Dancing" are my guilty pleasures.  Other than that, I can't think of any specific movies off the top of my head.

Books:  My all time favorite book is "Turn of the Screw" by Henry James.  Right now I'm reading a bunch of books about babies and preemies.  

T.V.:  Mostly crime shows like Law and Order, CSI, NCIS, etc.  I've been watching some day time t.v. too, like The View, Oprah, etc.

Other:  I get on the internet A LOT.   

Update:  I've been feeling kinda blah the past few days.  Not sure why.

I took my 3 hour glucose test today.  It was such a pain to be at the doctor office for 3 hours.  So, we'll see how that goes.  I also had a NST and I think the baby moved off the monitor.  So, there was a "dip".  So, I had to get another BPP today.  The u/s tech was like, oh he's sleeping, a little sluggish today.  I was like, well, I haven't eaten since 11:30 last night, so mommy is a little sluggish too.  So, tomorrow I have to go to have another NST tomorrow.

Anyway, maybe everything will go well tomorrow and I can have a whole weekend without any testing......

**Lauren - I'm so sorry that your sister won't be able to be there next week.  Here's hoping that little buddy gets to hang out a little longer and your sister can make it to your delivery!  

**Michelle/Miaomi - How exciting that you have a shower this weekend!  I've decided I'm going to let my friends have a small shower for me at my house so I stay lying down.  So FUN!!

**Hope you ladies all have a great evening (as great as possible for being on bedrest). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"