Houston Babies
Options

Thank you gift for nanny

I wrote her a long, heartfelt thank you letter this evening.  I want to get her something else, any ideas?  Money?  If so, how much? 

DH is being no help.

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
So Tasty, So Yummy

Re: Thank you gift for nanny

• Options
    What about a nice trip to a spa.  Something along the lines of "thank you for helping me relax while at work, now take some time to yourself to relax."
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Does she have another position lined up?  If not, I think cash would be better than an actual gift.  If so, I love the spa idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think cash is probably the most practical/helpful gift for her, or a giftcard to  Target or something. Anywhere from $50 - $100.
  • Options
    I agree with cash if she doesn't have something else lined up. If she does I like the spa day gift card. I don't think you could go wrong with either of those.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with cash if she doesn't have another job.  I'd probably give her $200-$250.  I don't know what her situation is.  Does she do the pamper thing?  I know Maira wouldn't be so into that.  However, she would like a gift card she could use on herself.  I know she likes Victoria Secret and Old Navy (I've been helping her Dave Ramsey her debt so I have seen her credit card statements).  You could take her out to a nice dinner, give her flowers, and a smaller amount of cash or something.  Not sure how big of a deal you want to make out of it...
  • Options

She has something lined up (thanks to quartzcpw!) staring next Monday, so that is set.  I think money wouold probably be the most appreciated, so now just to determine an amount. I think a couple hundred bucks seems fair, but I am not sure.

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options
    When I left my nanny position I received a nice chunky check,some Godiva (my old boss was a "fancy things" person) and a picture of my charge. I thought it was a wonderful sending off gift.
  • Options
    i would give 2 weeks salary if it was me. i think a nice pic of F as bettyjoe suggested would be appreciated as well.
  • Options

imageBettyJoe:
    When I left my nanny position I received a nice chunky check,some Godiva (my old boss was a "fancy things" person) and a picture of my charge. I thought it was a wonderful sending off gift.

This sounds perfect to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"