Two Under 2

I'm considering having another.....

My son is almost 7 months. We planned on having the kids 3 years apart.  Now I'm thinking I want to get PG again already... I'm considering getting my IUD removed soon.  I'm still BFing and planning to for at least a year so I'm a little hesitant there.  We also only have a 2 bed house so I will need to figure out how that will work. Tell me your thoughts on this.. Am I crazy? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm considering having another.....

• LOL...yes, yes you are. I got pregnant when my DD was 8 months...and I wouldn't have my kids this close again. Ask me again in 5 years and I'm sure I'll feel different. GL!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS was 10 months when we got pg with DS2. I LOVE IT, and can not wait to get pregnant again!
  • Loading the player...
  • i dont have 2 yet, but as for the bfing thing. If you want to go a year, I would wait to try until your LO is around 10 or so months. My supply suffered a little, and got it back and as able to BF until 13 months, after finding out I was pg at 10 mon. It was hard keeping a supply up while having m/s. just my two cents
  • I think we all go through a phase when our kids are around that age b/c they are so cute and so much easier.  If it was me, I'd wait 3 more months and see how you feel then.  But, I might not wait too much longer b/c once they're walking it can be hard to contemplate another.  LOL!

We had 2 kids in a 2 bedroom house.  We lasted about 5 mos and could have gone longer, but we were building a house and it was finished.  It would have been hard once we had to pull out the high chair and once #2 started walking and such, though. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I got pregnant again when DS1 was 8 months old. The first 3 months of 2u2 for me was h*ll. But I knew that part would be hard. I think newborns are hard no matter what. I dont think DS1 being 3, 5, or 15 would have made that any easier. But now I love it and wouldnt change it for the world!!!
  • I sitll only have one, but from around 8 - 10 months, I had baby fever pretty bad. Then it went away when things got busier. Around 14 months, when DS suddenly started acting like a toddler and having tantrums, etc., I was about ready to double or triple up on the birth control to avoid a second! But, lately things are better again -- I'm getting used to his new energy and the baby fever is coming back.

DS loves babies right now. He would be difficult to handle with a newborn as well, but I'm sure the transition to having 2 is always difficult!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"