Single Parents

Dear STBX MIL:

Please do not continue to blame me for your son's idiotic life decisions.  When you come to the conclusion that he hasn't seen you in a month because he hasn't come home because I am seeing someone else, perhaps you should look at the facts.  He actually HAS been home but has been avoiding you because if he faces you it will be apparent that he is *gasp* still doing drugs.  The sunken in cheeks, acne, circles under his eyes, "suspicious" looking marks on his arms might just give you a clue!  I know he has lead such an ideal life up until he took up with me-you know with the not completing high school, ending up in prison, two DUIs, running from the cops, etc.  And of course we know that it was definitely my fault that he got fired from his job for sexual harassment and decided to engage in other "shady" ways of making money.  Totally my fault!  And I of course forced him to cheat on me while I was pregnant too!  You are doing him sooo many favors by continuing to enable him and make excuses and blame everyone but HIM for his actions.  Yes, just keep it up because he is such a wonderful, productive citizen due to your superior mothering skills.

Sincerely,

Your STBX DIL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dear STBX MIL:

• Even if you never get the guts to tell her that to her face... Don't it feel good to get it all out??
  • I am so sorry you are going thru this. Gotta love the momma's boy mentality that their child can do no wrong/make no bad decisions. Sadly, at this point n his life, it will probably not change.

If I have to say anything about STBX, he has great parents. FI SadL told someone at work yesterday "its not her fault we have the same idiot in common" Gotta love it!

• Loading the player...
  • Love it! Must have felt so good to get that out....

My MIL is pretty aware- she knows its her son and tells me to not give him the time of day etc... But, when push comes to shove, he is her son so I am very careful of our relationship and what I let her know about myself and dd.

Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • imagekirbear:

Love it! Must have felt so good to get that out....

My MIL is pretty aware- she knows its her son and tells me to not give him the time of day etc... But, when push comes to shove, he is her son so I am very careful of our relationship and what I let her know about myself and dd.

Same here. She recognizes her son is an idiot. She knows the way things are going now that if her son don't get his crap together then she will not be able to see her grandchild as much. Funny thing is I would invite her to go out with DC and I anytime. She has never done anything to make me dislike her in any way shape or form. I love that woman to death!

• imagelilcyndiluwho:

My goal, as the mother of a boy, is to NOT raise him and enable him to the point that he is a completley useless spouse and father someday. 

This. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"