St. Louis Babies

my parents are moving to STL-housing recs

my dad will be working downtown.  what are some good areas for them to look for housing? in the city or suburbs.  thanks.

Re: my parents are moving to STL-housing recs

•  It depends on what your parents are looking for.  A lot of people like the Central West End and Washington Ave. faves for people who like the city life/feel.  But there are many other areas farther from the city if they like more space.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We live in St Louis Hills which is a cute neighborhood in the city with more of a suburban feel.  We are actually selling our place. PM me if you would like more details (about the neighborhood or our place)!
  • Loading the player...
  • traffic is tough going into downtown from the IL side, but I am in Madison County, Illinois and it is a nice quiet suburban area (Maryville, Glen Carbon, Troy) with a straight shot down the highway less than 20 miles from the city.
  • I guess it really depends, as some one else mentioned what type they are looking for. Personally, I could never live in the city. I'd recommend South County region, maybe even Northern Jefferson county area.
  • One place to avoid like the plague is anything in north St. Louis city. North St. Louis County is okay, just NOT north St. Louis city. Too much violent crime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"