Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sample meal menu for 5 or 6 month old?

I'm wondering what others are feeding their 5 month old and when. ?If you could outline your meal schedule, that would be helpful! ?I've started cereal and veggies but not sure when to give it throughout the day...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sample meal menu for 5 or 6 month old?

• Options

At 5 months, my little guy was doing something like this (of course it is different for all babies):

7:00 - Nurse (about 5 oz.)

10:00 - 5 oz. formula/breastmilk mix

11:00 or 11:30 - 1/2 jar of veggies

1:30 - 5 oz. formula

4:30 - 5 oz. formula/breastmilk mix

7:30 - 5 oz. formula

8:15 or 8:30 - 1/2 jar veggies, then nurse to sleep when tired (usually 9 or so)

So he had (still on same schedule) about 30 oz. of formula and breastmilk a day and one jar of veggies a day.  He gets rice cereal mixed in his bottles for his acid reflux and since I am worried about him having so many carbs a day, I chose not to give him additional cereal.

Hope that helps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My LO will be 6 mo soon and has been doing excellent with the food we have introduced.  I also go kind of by a "babywise" schedule modified.

These are all approximate within a 1/2 hour of:

7:30/8:00- Rice Cereal/Oatmeal or Barley followed by 4-5oz of formula

10:30/11:00a 6oz formula

1:30/2:00p (sometimes a fruit- applessauce, avocado) along with 4-5oz formula

4:30/5:00p 6oz formula

6:00p (veggies- green beans, squash or sweet potato, or oatmeal if she doesn't eat the veggies good or I have tried a new fruit that day)

6:30p Bath/PJ's routine

7:00p Last 6oz bottle

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"