Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What baby item did you buy that was a waste of $?

13»

Re: What baby item did you buy that was a waste of $?

• a changing table! It was just easier to change him right in the room we were in, which usually was the living room or our room so i just would lay down the portable cushion.
  • ok lets see- boppy, bumbo, wipes warmer (dried the wipes out), the diaper genie (just put it in a shopping bag and threw em out), that huge comforter that comes with the bedding set, that fancy stroller system that weighs a ton (just used the snap and go). Theres soo much stuff that you dont really need its crazy! I say stock up on bibs!
  • Loading the player...
  • a swaddler - DS was large (9lbs, 4oz) and clearly just wanted to be free of anything confining. It was impossible to find anything large enough to reasonably swaddle him in. I finally found something guaranteed to work, and then watched as he tried to blow a blood vessel and escape it. It was definitely funny to watch "Houdini" try to escape, but not something we tried ever again.

• Pacifiers definately. We were given 2 and I tried her on another I bought. She loves her thumb that much more and I guess the upside is she will never lose the thumb!

We use the crib bedding. My husband's awesome idea was to attach the bumper pads under the board in the crib so it is on the bottom of the crib peeking out between the slats. Still what a pricey bundle $400 CDN. We use the bedding and put it in her crib the short way and tuck in the sides on either side so that it doesn't move but know that she want to kick so much when she wakes, they are at her feet when I go in and check on her. Oh well at least she was warm in the house during our cold winters in Canada.

• I would have to say the $300 breast pump I only used for 4 weeks. Plus money for extras for a pump.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think the lesson I've learned from this thread is that you should buy the absolute minimum of stuff before the baby, and then try out, borrow, or buy used whenever you can, because chances are the baby's going to hate it anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have to agee ~ I had 3 sons,  and  NONE  of my guys took the bottle.  Talk about determination!  and so good to hear others in the same boat.  Maybe its just  "boys"??   You think?
  • Waste: Travel system (never use the stroller, just use a cheap kolkraft or my jogging stroller) and the bassinet was a waste, I never used it more than 3 X. I also bought a dozen bottles, a waste, I breastfeed and only need a couple of bottles to store milk before freezing it in bags.

Best buys: Boppy for breastfeeding and use it for her tummy time too, the bumbo seat, as well, 'Gumdrop' name brand binkies (excellent pacifiers) and my electric toothbrush - sound puts baby to sleep instantly!!!!

• try the Gumdrop name brand. best ever, only ones she takes. bought them online.
  • try the Gumdrop name brand. best ever, only ones she takes. bought them online.
  • The bassinet she was in it for one hour. I hated it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • - Pack and Play. He did not like it at all. 

• imagesophiemeister:

my electric toothbrush - sound puts baby to sleep instantly!!!!

That's hilarious. No kids yet, but two nephew already and three more on the way. I'll have to pass this board on to my SILs!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"