Baby Showers

storybook wishing well wording - not instead of a card

looking for a cute poem to ask guest to bring a storybook to the shower.  I see a lot of poems that have wording to do this instead of signing a card.  My goal is not to have to books signed at all, just bring a book to stock the library. (i won't tell them NOT to sign it, but not suggest to sign it like the other poems say) Big Smile

anyone have a good poem for this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: storybook wishing well wording - not instead of a card

• Are you wanting people to wrap the books they give you so you know who picked what or are you expecting them to drop them off in a specific location without the opportunity to tell you who gave it to you?   If you are looking for good books, I would let them sign it.  If the recipient doesn't know the book is coming from me, I can guarantee you are getting a cheap book from me and not a really cute one that costs more.  Not sure how to help on wording though.

• A gift, a card, AND a book?  Am I under$tanding thi$ correctly?
  • Loading the player...
  • We did this for my sister's shower and it worked wonderfully...no one complained about buying a book and it wasn't mandatory.  She ended up with lots of great books for my niece.  Unfortunately, that was 5 years ago and I can't remember what the invite said.  I don't recall using a poem...I think we just asked that everyone bring a book to help start the baby's library.
  • I found one on the internet for my sister's shower, and removed the line about the book, so it read like this:

Please join us in welcoming the new little one

With food and friends it'll be lots of fun

Bring an unwrapped book it would be so swell

We'll try to fill up the whole wishing well

With mom baby ______ can take a look

Or hop on Dad's lap and open a book

She'll become very smart, if my advice you do heed

If we begin early, she'll soon love to read

Nothing compares to a set of bookends

Filled with books given by all of ones friends

Good times and laughter we all hope to share

________ would be thrilled to see you all there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"