3rd Trimester
Options

NBR: "Pregnancy" pact at my school!!

I work at a co-ed boarding school and a whole slew of high school girls have suddenly started to fake pregnancy. Why?.....no friggin' clue. Administration has us watching out for "dramatized or exaggerated symptoms of pregnancy" and we're to report any girls who act this way to the school psychologist.

Remember back in the day when trying to be accepted by the in-crowd meant getting a popular brand of sneakers or a new haircut?!?!  Things are getting weird with this generation.....

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: NBR: "Pregnancy" pact at my school!!

• Options
    Or hanging out at a particular place after the football games on Friday evenings...That was THE thing to do!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sheesh... Lifetime making that movie is going to be blamed for (and probably rightfully so) a whole slew of teen pregnancy that's going to pop up over the next 6 months! This movie probably inspired girls to do this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagePurpleK26:
    Sheesh... Lifetime making that movie is going to be blamed for (and probably rightfully so) a whole slew of teen pregnancy that's going to pop up over the next 6 months! This movie probably inspired girls to do this!

Well seeing how the movie is based on a true story...it's factual that the reality of such behavior inspired the Lifetime movie and not the other way around.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options

That's very sad. If times are like this now...what will it be like for the LOs we're having now?

• Options

My parents would have killed me!  They could put the fear of God into me if they had to.

These parents need to be contacted so they can do the same to their young girls.  We all know pregnancy and motherhood is tough on all of us, but I could not imagine doing it all at ages 13-18, physically, mentally, emotionally, or financially.  God be with them!

• Options
    well the movie was based on the news story as this actually did happen. don't these girls have ANYTHING better to do? they soooo don't know what pregnancy is all about....which reminds me of farrah on mtv's teen pregnancy show. she's a parental slacker.
  • Options
    well at least they are 'faking' it instead of really getting KU!!  I just watched the Pregnancy Pact movie last night......just really would hate to see that many teen pregnancies again....
  • Options
    That's crazy!
  • Options

The movie was based on a true story about kids in MA.

All you had to do in HS to be cool when I was there was drink a beer and smoke a cigarette. 

Things were easier then.................

• Options

imageLaNegrita:
    well the movie was based on the news story as this actually did happen. don't these girls have ANYTHING better to do? they soooo don't know what pregnancy is all about....which reminds me of farrah on mtv's teen pregnancy show. she's a parental slacker.

Yes, she is, and it irritates me how her parents and grandmother always watch her child but then b*itch that she's not being a better mother. Make her be a better mother...say no to babysitting and then she can't go out all the time.

• Options
    Sounds like I'd be dropping my lessons and doing a baby simulaton in my science classes with the budget and the crying and diapers and everything.
  • Options

My HS had a "bi" pact. I sh!t you not, my senior year EVERY freshman and sophomore was "bi-sexual." It was "totally cool."

As far as I know, the vast majority never acted on anything. I'm all down for whatever makes you happy, but 700 bi kids at one school? Doubt it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNELCORP:

imageLaNegrita:

Yes, she is, and it irritates me how her parents and grandmother always watch her child but then b*itch that she's not being a better mother. Make her be a better mother...say no to babysitting and then she can't go out all the time.

right...make her watch (not babysit) her own kid. and i couldn't even imagine cussing my mom out like how she does both her parents. i'd be picking myself up off the floor. and bentley's dad kinda sucks too, but at least his parents are tough on him (though they could be tougher). kids nowadays lack that healthy fear of their parents. *smh*

• Options
    imageErin0922:

My HS had a "bi" pact. I sh!t you not, my senior year EVERY freshman and sophomore was "bi-sexual." It was "totally cool."

As far as I know, the vast majority never acted on anything. I'm all down for whatever makes you happy, but 700 bi kids at one school? Doubt it.

Our kids went through that.  They were called LUGs (lesbian until graduation). I shrugged that off as teen experimentation with a little bit of inspiration from Katy Perry.  Straight kids experiment, too. However, we also had another - much more disturbing - trend 3 years ago. Suddenly, it was cool to be a cutter.  Even the most "well-adjusted" kids were cutting and showing off their arms to get it noticed.  Scary. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    imageNELCORP:

imagePurpleK26:

Well seeing how the movie is based on a true story...it's factual that the reality of such behavior inspired the Lifetime movie and not the other way around.

Oh, I don't disagree with you, I just think there's probably a bunch of girls who'd never heard of this real life event that may be 'inspired' by the pact... which is what seems to be happening at the OP's school. I'm just saying/wondering if there's going to be an big boom in teen pg and if that movie will either be the reason behind it or at least get blamed for it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Geez, is this thread making anyone else scared to have a kid?!?!? 

Yikes... I was talking to my husband about that movie (Preg Pact) last night and I told him if my daughter asks me abotu birth control, I damn well will set her up with it, of course after talking to her about it a whole bunch. 

Husband said he NEVER wants to know his lil girl is having sex, heh

• Options
    I think it's so sad that these girls feel that there is a need to get pregnant in order to fit in. When I was in high school that was the LAST thing on my mind. Not only would my parents have killed me, but I had bigger dreams and aspirations at that age than getting pregnant. I think schools now need some serious counseling for both the boys and girls. And I agree with the last post, I would definately be talking to my daughter about birth control whether or not she was sexually active.
  • Options
    Indifferent I don't know if you saw the movie on lifetime, but the ones that were getting KU... were also potrayed as being smokers, drinkers as well..... Nice hunh? I hope your school nip this "faking pregnancy" thing in the butt as soon as they can. . .  It's so scary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"