Pennsylvania Babies

1st birthday cake

Just cause I'm a planner and I'm already looking into planning Sebastian's 1st birthday ( we're going to be coming to PA a little early for Christmas so his 1st bday can be really celebrated. His bday is 12/22) Anyway, i know several places offer free 1st bday cakes....I think Weis and Giant both do. How do you go about getting one? Do you just go in and say that it's their first bday and you'd like to order his free cake? Do you get to pick flavors or colors and how big a cake do you get?

Next question is, since it will be like the week before Christmas, how can we make it that people don't feel like they have to get him a present? I don't want them to think we're having the party to just get him presents. He won't even know what gifts are at that age anyway and I'm sure his grandparents will be getting him plenty for his bday and Christmas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1st birthday cake

• Weis sent us a coupon. I have no idea how they knew. DH picked a cake out of the cooler and had them inscribe it. Giant gives you an 8th sheet cake with purchase of a half sheet and you have to present the baby's birth certificate. I'm going to order Ali's tomorrow. As for the no presents thing, you can always put it on the invite. It'll probably work for only half the guests. Sometimes people just like to buy things for babies and will ignore the request, especially if the baby is one they don't often get to see. You could play on their sympathies about having to cart everything back to Texas, but then they may just give him money.
  • I agree, you can put it on the invite, but good luck! I think that people love to get things for babies, myself included. We had kind of told our families that they didn't need to worry about getting Ella things for Christmas this year since she was just born and already had so much, but it didn't work :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"