Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

IVF with Dr. Goldstein

I am getting ready to start an IVF cycle with Dr. Jerald Goldstein at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. I was wondering if anybody else is cycling with him. I heard about this blog and am looking for others in the area to talk too.

Re: IVF with Dr. Goldstein

• I didn't use him but I just wanted to say good luck on your IVF cycle!! 
  • I used him for an injectible cycle with TI.  Is Linda, his nurse, still there?  If so she's wonderful!  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I used him...injectibles/IUI.  I can put you in contact with someone who did use him for IVF though.  Send me your email.

Ditto about Linda...she was wonderful!

• I didn't use Dr. Goldstein, but my RE is out of Presby Dallas and I had a great experience using the ARTs center there for the actual retrieval and transfer.  Good luck to you!
  • No help here.  I used Dr. Douglas at Presby Plano.  If you need to chat with someone about IVF though, feel free to e-mail me.  kvandergeek@yahoo.com
  • Had testing with him - he is great.  We ended up getting pregnant the old fashioned way but I have a good friend who did IVF with him and had twins at age 40.  I'm sure she'd be happy to talk to you if you would like.
  • Hi,

Linda is still there. She is great.

I am very excited about getting started. It has been a long time and I feel like I finally found somebody that understands PCOS. I may be starting there Mind Body Program because this is really stressing me out. Here is my email if you want to contact me. JODYODEM@YAHOO.COM

How long have you been using this blog?  I find it really helpful

• imagejodem:

Hi,

Linda is still there. She is great.

I am very excited about getting started. It has been a long time and I feel like I finally found somebody that understands PCOS. I may be starting there Mind Body Program because this is really stressing me out. Here is my email if you want to contact me.  How long have you been using this blog?  I find it really helpful

Glad to hear Linda is still there.  She really is an asset to his office.  I didn't do the mind body program but I've heard that it can be very helpful.  Just a word of warning - please don't post your email on a public message board like that.  It's very easy to get spammed as a result.  Plus it looks like it might be your first and last name?   

Try doing it like this username at yahoo dot com (spelling it all out) -- or better yet private message individual people and talk like that.  GL!  This board, and the Bump boards (try infertility and success after infertility) are awesome and supportive!!

• I am seeing Dr. Goldstein now and have been. We had a miscarriage so are back to TTC with Follistim. I am not doing IVF.

I was in the office today and spoke to Dr. G about several options. Since DH is OOT will have to wait and see what makes the most sense. Jody, I will email you because we should talk while going thru this. I do know that his office is the best and all of my visits have been paid for except for copay.

By the way, Jody, I don't know if you know, but he just wrote a book on PCOS that I got on Amazon. You might want to check this out, because it talks a lot about infertility as well.

Regarding medications, has anybody used IVP? That's where it sounds like we are going to have to go.

• imagelrussell9977:

Regarding medications, has anybody used IVP? That's where it sounds like we are going to have to go.

IVP in Frisco? Yup - they were great.  Its nice that it"s "local" in case you have a last minute need.

• Yep, IVP in Frisco. I had a long talk with dh and I am starting treatment this months. I went and picked up my meds at IVP in Frisco. They are very close.
  • IVP is where we got my meds, as well.  I did some price shopping and they were comparable.
  • Thanks for all of the replies. So I am scheduled to start my follistim this Saturday if everything is good on my ultrasound. I am excited but nervous as well. Dr. Goldstein called me today and we talked about the number of embryos to transfer as I wanted three and he was saying that in general they transfer two.

I also started with something called a portal today, where I can see all of my labs as they come in after the doctor looks at them. It is really neat, but also allows me to just email questions to them or the doctor.

• I had my ultrasound on Saturday and everything was okay to start. Is there anybody else cycling in DFW now. I would like somebody to talk with. I am taking follistim and menopur and will have blood work today.

Are there any local groups that meet for infertility here. That would be helpful

• Hi,

I am not doing IVF but taking follistim. I had my ultrasound today and have 4 follies so I am told that is good. I am going back tomorrow for another ultrasound and hopefully IUI on Wednesday or Thursday.

Jody,

How are you doing. You must be getting excited. I am curious as to how much different IVF is to just injectible medication and IUI.

Are you going to the Dallas office or Frisco? My DH came with me for my ultrasound on Saturday and started reading about that program where if you don't get pregnant, your next IVF cycle is free. Are you doing that? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"